Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo wanted

gotagetz

my daughter is wanting an Aygo as her first car, it's small and cheap on insurance and tax.

i presume apart from water leaks and clutches on earlier models problems will be the same as other manufacturers.

hopefully going to look at this later: https://www.gumtree.com/p/toyota/super-2009-3-door-hatchback-petrol-toyota-aygo.-good-condition.-service-history.-great-first-car-/1347600656

MOT history is Ok.....

This question has come up a few times before in this forum. There is a cut off year when the earlier problem with water pump, clutch, bad sound isolation etc was partialy or completely rectified. Was it 2009 or 2010 I don't remember. The water leak problem, unfortunately continues. So check the year before buying. The mmt gearbox is the other weak point.

Went, saw and bought. Starts on the key, clutch possibly a bit high (just had a new one in my saab so not a good comparison ), brakes sharp,  mot until April next year.  No knocking or rattles.

Knocked on his door, I knew him from playing 5aside.

Only slight downside was the bonnet and bumper had been resprayed in a darker shade of red (motor factor gave him it and didn't notice until it was too late). 

Daughter is happy. Cheapest car to insure and tax by a mile so I can live with the different shades of red.

The larger clutch from the Yaris was fitted from early 2009.

Congratulations. Why did he re spray the hood and bumper? Manual is more reliable than mmt so good choice. Time to change the handle from Gotagetz to Gotaaygo perhaps? 😃

His daughter put some deep scratches into it. 

On the hyundai forum I'm gotagetz as she has a hyundai.

Dirtyleeds on Renault and saab.....I ve drive a 93 anniversary. 

Someone uses Dirtyleeds on here already.

On 7/30/2019 at 10:19 PM, gotagetz said:

clutch possibly a bit high (just had a new one in my saab so not a good comparison )

It's normal to have this feeling on an Aygo 😉 The clutch bites high.

Congratulations. The only drawback about this very model is that the 3-door version is a bit less practical than the 5-door.

Just picked it up and it's got Toyota history to 2014 then serviced my the girls ex mechanic father.

So in the past few years can see it's had a new alternator (2018) this year alone exhaust, timing chain kit, wishbone, in 2017 pads and discs and I can see clutch receipt 2014.

He's kept all receipts and it's had  a service every year by the looks of it.

Not a perfect car by any means but for a first car no bad.