Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leaky IQ via windscreen??

BobbyBoucher

Bought the car sunday and all has been ok. 

Today I opened the door and water rushed in from the windscreen or pillar and went down to my foot and the door bin.

No way did the owner not know about this is my thought at the moment. 

Not too impressed but can someone clarify if this is a known issue?

Thanks.

Not had this myself but here are plenty of posts on here about leaks.

Good luck.

Mine was more a woosh of water i could see . It was like a bucket of water coming from breast hight and down as i opened the door.

Sounds more like a door seal possibly. Maybe sit in car and get someone to hose the area with water to see if you can reinact it.

46 minutes ago, en8wall69 said:

Sounds more like a door seal possibly. Maybe sit in car and get someone to hose the area with water to see if you can reinact it.

Yes will try .Thank you.

Fuming though as only just got the car. I feel the seller was a tad dishonest. 

4 hours ago, BobbyBoucher said:

Bought the car sunday and all has been ok. 

Today I opened the door and water rushed in from the windscreen or pillar and went down to my foot and the door bin.

No way did the owner not know about this is my thought at the moment. 

Not too impressed but can someone clarify if this is a known issue?

Thanks.

So the seller is not replying to texts. He also did not have the rear headrests and some of the service history is missing. He did originally reply when i mentioned the headrests and said he would drop them off. (if you are reading this i'd reply if i was you lol)

I feel like a wally as i am normally really good on these things.

I have his address though and no way am i letting this go. So sick of dishonest people. I am going a knocking! 🙂 

4 hours ago, BobbyBoucher said:

20 hours ago, BobbyBoucher said:

So the seller is not replying to texts. He also did not have the rear headrests and some of the service history is missing. He did originally reply when i mentioned the headrests and said he would drop them off. (if you are reading this i'd reply if i was you lol)

I feel like a wally as i am normally really good on these things.

I have his address though and no way am i letting this go. So sick of dishonest people. I am going a knocking! 🙂 

When the back seats are down the headrests fit quite neatly between the seat swab and the seat back. It is explained in the user manual. I keep my back seats down most of the time but I can, if necessary, get the back seats into operation with headrests in a minute! There is no reason not to have them in the car!

36 minutes ago, sparrow2 said:

When the back seats are down the headrests fit quite neatly between the seat swab and the seat back. It is explained in the user manual. I keep my back seats down most of the time but I can, if necessary, get the back seats into operation with headrests in a minute! There is no reason not to have them in the car!

There is a reason for me to not have them in the car.....I don't have them 🙂

Called Toyota in Bath and the car has been serviced so i will get the history at least. Also went to a car wash today and no leak. Strange.

Silly question, and apologies if you have,  but have you looked under the rear seat swab for head rests? That's where I store mine. 

2 minutes ago, en8wall69 said:

Silly question, and apologies if you have,  but have you looked under the rear seat swab for head rests? That's where I store mine. 

The last owner said he had them at his house.

He wont reply now so i am going down there very soon .He will have a surprise for sure lol

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2019 at 5:44 PM, BobbyBoucher said:

The last owner said he had them at his house.

He wont reply now so i am going down there very soon .He will have a surprise for sure lol

And, how did it end?