Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

VSC OFF/ Engine Light / 4WD Light on

ClaireD

Hi there,

The VSC OFF light, Engine Light, 4WD Light and Stability Control Light is stuck on - this had happened before and I think it was stuck in 4WD but cannot for the life of me remember how to clear this lights now.  It's just failed it's MOT because of them.

Be patient - i'm new to this car thingy so struggling.

Please please help if you can - all advice welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I just had the very same issue and the good news is its a very simple fix. The car requires a "regeneration" of the catalytic converter. Meaning its blocked and needs to run hot enough to clean itself out. Take your car onto a motorway, select 4th gear and drive at around 3000-3500 rpm for 15 mins. This should allow the car to carry out the regeneration itself automatically. If this doesn't clear the lights, take it to a Toyota garage and request that they do the regeneration, only this time they'll tell the engines computer, through a laptop, to carry out the cleaning while they drive it. 

That's all mine needed. No parts to be replaced. 

Good luck.

• 2 years later...
On 8/18/2019 at 11:18 PM, Steve.Wilde said:

Hi. I just had the very same issue and the good news is its a very simple fix. The car requires a "regeneration" of the catalytic converter. Meaning its blocked and needs to run hot enough to clean itself out. Take your car onto a motorway, select 4th gear and drive at around 3000-3500 rpm for 15 mins. This should allow the car to carry out the regeneration itself automatically. If this doesn't clear the lights, take it to a Toyota garage and request that they do the regeneration, only this time they'll tell the engines computer, through a laptop, to carry out the cleaning while they drive it. 

That's all mine needed. No parts to be replaced. 

Good luck.

hello i had same issue and fixed with this way, i took the car motorway and gear 3-4 min 3000rpm drove 20 minutes after that i went to car service and ask to remove error codes, then i repeat drive again, now there is no error codes or power lose 

• 7 months later...
On 7/12/2022 at 9:00 AM, alilort said:

hello i had same issue and fixed with this way, i took the car motorway and gear 3-4 min 3000rpm drove 20 minutes after that i went to car service and ask to remove error codes, then i repeat drive again, now there is no error codes or power lose 

I have the same issue but on a 2WD petrol car. Obviously no 4WD light but all other lights as described. AFAIK there is no particulate filter on petrol version and it happened just after the recent snow, brakes were squealy as they were rusty from salt, then the lights came on. Any ideas? It does feel a little more sluggish than normal but still drives okay.

• 7 months later...

I have the same problem with my 2011 urban cruiser. What should I do for this 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links