Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Drivers side electric seat removal.

M3rcyUK

HI

I have a 2009 Avensis t4 with electric seats.

I have damaged the switch that controls the lumbar support with the support fully out which is so uncomfortable.

When i press the switch for the lumbar to move out it works but the side of the switch that puts the lumbar in wont work.

I know the switch is 100 percent damaged as something fell off the roof and hit it (Lucky shot)

Can anyone show me a guide to remove the seat step by step for an idiot as i can't even seem to remove the plastic around the switches or the switches themselves 🙂

THanks

IMG_0885.jpg

Moved to the Avensis club.

4 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Moved to the Avensis club.

Oh Sorry! but Thank-you

Before you try anything, have tried to release the air out of the lumber. Remember, unlike the seat adjustment the lumber compressor motor works to fill.

Try to pry the seat adjustment controls first then you should be able to remove the side cover. look around the side cover carefully to see how it's secured. That way you won't break anything.

Further to Konrad's post, I can send you a picture of the equivalent plastic cover on an Auris seat, to give some idea how the plastic cover is attached to the seat frame.  The clips that are used won't be in the same place as your car, but they will very likely be the same type, so you have an idea what to look out for.

2 hours ago, Gerg said:

Further to Konrad's post, I can send you a picture of the equivalent plastic cover on an Auris seat, to give some idea how the plastic cover is attached to the seat frame.  The clips that are used won't be in the same place as your car, but they will very likely be the same type, so you have an idea what to look out for.

I would greatly appreciate it Gerg...

3 hours ago, Konrad C said:

Before you try anything, have tried to release the air out of the lumber. Remember, unlike the seat adjustment the lumber compressor motor works to fill.

Try to pry the seat adjustment controls first then you should be able to remove the side cover. look around the side cover carefully to see how it's secured. That way you won't break anything.

That's the problem Konrad. I'm worried ill break the plastic around the seat. I need some form of picture guide for an idiot 🙂

Derek, here are diagrams and link to where I sourced them:- http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2009/avensis/zrt271r-awfepw/2_273560_041_410W/body/7101_front-seat-seat-track/1

AVENSIS |  FRONT SEAT SEAT TRACK

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2009/avensis/zrt271r-awfepw/2_273560_041_410W/electrical/8401_switch-relay-computer/6

AVENSIS |  SWITCH RELAY COMPUTER

From the diagram remove part 71867A front shield cover first. Then remove two screws from the side shield part 71811A. Pull the bottom of the backrest to uncover the part of the shield, and level the tab to free from the rear. Push the shield forward to free from the tab at the from of the seat. The button for the seat adjustment can be levered off - parts 84921A/B. Then carefully level the shied from the rear, being mindful of connections. The lumber control can be disconnected and unscrewed from the side cover. 
This is a rough guess, but usually close to spot on. 

Give it a try and let me me know. My car being the lower spec only has manual adjustment. 

Thanks very much. I have to leave it until the weekend but ill update the thread once iv'e attempted it.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Still haven't had a chance to do this yet, i'll post as soon as I can. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links