Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Aygo Up-Grade

TotallyToto

Will be up-grading my Aygo 15 plate with 22,000 , with FSH , to a Sept 18 plate with 5k miles..No Road Tax to £140.00? and £7,900..Am I MAD...?

If you want a newer Aygo, you don't have any choice as regards the road tax.

To be honest ..I’ve just had a 2019 aygo when my went in for service ..mine is a 2015 

very little difference to drive , styling and lights have been changed , other than that It was the same as mine .... couldn’t justify extra money buying it and road tax for very little difference other than a newer reg  on the plate 

the dealer was saying they think the aygo will go hybrid in the future...that might sway me to change  mine then 

As ever personal choice and whether the deal/numbers work for you, as said the recent improvements are minor face lift changes. As you say now you got to pay £140 extra a year etc. 

We have a Peugeot 107 and 108 in the family, and difference between the 2 is vast, the 108 more composed and they fixed a lot 107s niggles, so when looking a few years ago, glad I got my sister to spend bit more and get a 108 rather than a late model 107, which she was keen on. She went other way on road tax, £145 on her old car to £0, which she very pleased about and keeps reminding me!

We don't know whether the new car is the same spec or higher than the old car, so there may be advantages for the OP as regards that.

Just over four years of the new car warranty remaining as opposed to one year or less for the old car.

Road tax has never been a deciding factor for us when buying a new car as there are other priorities more important to us - we just pay what is due. 

So if the OP is happy with their new car, fair enough.

Are you gong up in trim level - if so it might add weight to the argument to change.

I changed a 2015 Aygo X-pression  for a 2018 X-Clusiv with fun roof so it was a nice upgrade.

But then again its a PCP so I change it every 3 years or so anyway because I  always get a great deal to change from  my dealer.  Depend how much it pleases you to have  a brand new car every 3 years.  I'm certainly not going to give any  dealer nearly 8 grand in one lump ( or borrow the money against a depreciating asset) so PCP works for me at the moment.

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

We don't know whether the new car is the same spec or higher than the old car, so there may be advantages for the OP as regards that.

Just over four years of the new car warranty remaining as opposed to one year or less for the old car.

Road tax has never been a deciding factor for us when buying a new car as there are other priorities more important to us - we just pay what is due. 

So if the OP is happy with their new car, fair enough.

Totally agree , I was just giving my personal opinion as I’ve drove the new aygo .. not enough difference to sway be into buying one as I said , maybe a bigger engine in it and I might have 

aygo is still a lovely city car , I’m sure the OP will make the right decision that works for them 

if you want a newer car and dont want the extra road tax then buy a car thats been registered before the 1st of April 2017