Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Did You Know

Fidgits

tbh I think I would rather have a long tonge than detachable shoulders. :thumbsup: :P

Would you now? ;) :P :lol:

I wonder why??!! :rolleyes: :D

so I can lick my elbow of course. :P :rolleyes: :P

knew that one

but do you know what a particle accelerator is used for?

(and dont say accelerating particles! :P )

is to make particles of any description manouver through the atmosphere at a high velocity. :rolleyes::eek:

dont ask I am really really board. :lol:

very close asha...

A particle accelerator is used to accelerate particles, the interesting thing is that they are used to accelerate particles to as close to the speed as light as possible on a collision course. These collide head-on at enormous speeds compressing all their energy into a single pinpoint, which achieves extreme energy densities.

Theoretically, this creates ‘anti-matter’.

knew that one

but do you know what a particle accelerator is used for?

(and dont say accelerating particles! :P )

Yes! A mate of mine has been in it. He was doing a PhD. in Dynamic Detector Development (try saying that when you've had a few!) and had to visit CERN for a week or so every couple of months.

At one point they had to keep re-calibrating it because they kept getting strange interference and vibrations in their measurements - turned out they were from the Paris to Geneva TGV going past about 3 miles away! Thay now have to scedule atom crashing around the train timetable! (Not sure if that's apocryphal, but it's a damn good story!)

A

Anti-matter is exactly what it says on the tin. Its the opposite of matter...

Everything in our universe is made up of matter, so the theory is that if we had anti-matter, and could actually 'harness' it, we would have a 100% efficient, clean (non-polluting) renewable energy source...

Of course, it is highly unstable, and the fact of the matter (no pun intended) is that, the moment anti-matter comes into contact with matter, the annihilation occurs (which generates the energy), so it would need to be stored in a vacuum (our air is matter).

But, the point is, when annihilation occurs, a huge amount of energy is released, which could either be used for a clean power source... or a weapon of mass destruction!

To put Anti-matter power into weaponary terms, 0.25 grams (say, a grain of sand) of anti-matter coverts to a five kiloton Atomic bomb. A kiloton is equal to 1,000 metric tons of TNT.

Here is a link to the project

wow, this thread has gone from Headless cockroaches, to topless scousers, to licking your elbow to anti-matter...

Who knows where it will end up???

The Greek National Anthem has 158 Verses.

In The film Pulp Fiction all the clocks are set to 4:20

the Pacific ocean is 1.5 feet higher on the West coast than the East coast because of the rotation of the Earth

The 101 dalmations and Peter Pan are the only two disney cartoons wich feature both parents and neither of them die.

The mask worn by Serial maniac Michael Myers in the Halloween films is a plastic Captain Kirk mask, painted white.

Rich

A chicken survived with no head in USA for 6 months. When a farmer pulled the chickes head off the brain remained attached to the stem. The farmer continued to feed the chicken for months (with a syringe). Cruel b*****d should have put it out of it's misery :angry:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links