Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Satnav 3D reseting to 2D north

PACorolla

Have ha numerous occurrences when  restarting the car to find the satnav resets 3D Route facing to 2D North up.

Dealer has loaded in latest satnav software  but it has not fixed the problem.

Any others experiencing the same problem?

8 minutes ago, PACorolla said:

Have ha numerous occurrences when restarting the car to find the satnav resets 3D Route facing to 2D North up.

Dealer has loaded in latest satnav software but it has not fixed the problem.

Any others experiencing the same problem?

yep i have the same issue and there are a couple of others who i've seen mention a similar thing, maybe even the rav4 forum as well.

I had the same problem, did the map update the other day and apart from the first time I used it after the update it has stayed in 3D view!  Bite the bullet and do the update and hopefully that will cure it.

Hi Sidrat

The dealer updated to 2019v1 which is the latest according to toyota.co.uk.

Will be contacting dealer shortly. 

Ive just gone back to the navigation settings this evening and made sure it's set to 3d.

Will see what mood it's in, in the morning.  If it goes back to 2d it can only be a software bug and will hope it's fixed in the next update (not map).  

I'll probably email Toyota UK customer support if it does continue as I doubt with the greatest of respect to dealers they will be able to fix a software bug so would like to get it reported as a bug!

20 hours ago, Sidrat said:

I had the same problem, did the map update the other day and apart from the first time I used it after the update it has stayed in 3D view!  Bite the bullet and do the update and hopefully that will cure it.

Well have spoken too soon, got in the car this morning and when you select the Navigation screen the system is back to 2D North, went through the Setup and changed it to 3D.  Later on drove again and back to 2D North again.  As I said earlier it seems to change as it sees fit, will have to wait until the forecast fix comes out in the Autumn.

Software issues are unlikely to be solved with new maps, unlike Touch 2 & Go where both software and maps where bundled together the latest CY17 setup has split them in to separate updates which is a pain for updating but it means software fixes can but issued quicker as on Touch 2 & go they where tied to the bi-annual map update.

In the "software update" section of the latest head unit there are 3 headings:

Audio: - currently no updates

Navigation: Latest version is 1520 this is the Navigation software

• MEU Software release version 1520:

• Wrong navigation guidance speech in Hungarian: translation of word "street" said twice by the navigation unit.

• Wrong side of navigation traffic information for left-hand traffic countries.

• When using voice recognition to input an address, it does not recognise voice input. Due to error related to sampling frequency mismatch.

• When using map, it appears loading endlessly.

• Navigation cursor turning more or less than vehicle due to gyroscope wrong calibration.

• MEU Software release version 1512

After ignition on the map view is not displayed and the driver will see a black screen. The functions of the DCU remain fully functional

Navdb_version: Latest version is 2019v1 this is the maps

so i contacted Toyota UK Customer Support and they seem to be aware of the issue and are working on a fix for the map view being reset

They have now advised that the issue you reported with the 3D is currently something that is being worked on to fix a potential bug and resolve this issue.

As soon as there is a fix for the 3D issue on the maps, there will be an update listed on the E-Store for you to download.

no timeframes given but i wouldn't necessarily expect it 🙂

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links