Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Could It Be My Temp Sensor?

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi Guys

I have a question in regards to my 2008 Aygo petrol that i have owned since 03.12.17. I love my car. Its cute practical and fun to drive. I service it yearly and on time using dealer parts. However i have always had an issue with high fuel consumption. Those that know me will have seen many of my previous threads.

To try to fix the issue we have so far replaced, using genuine toyota parts that is, both oxygen sensors, a new cat, a new mid pipe, and silencer exhaust system, but i still currently gain approx 250 to 300 miles on a full rank, all local miles, 300 to 350 is usually with a long 200 motorway miler once every few months.

She drives sort of okay, bit idley so as to speak, requires a few extra revs weather dependant, and the exhaust sounds a bit loud due to having cut and doing a reweld of the genuine tte tailpipe finisher onto a replacement silencer.

My question is, after having read the post currently on the forum here by Jamoaygo, whether it could be my temp sensor thats at fault? As Ian commented;

"I'd second that. A friend had a similar fault with a VW Polo. Stalling at lights, lumpy tickover, high fuel consumption, Temperature sensor fixed it. Ian."

Any comments will be most appreciated.

I have already obtained quotes on the sensor itself...eurocarparts £25.00, toyota dealer £60.00, and a local motorfactor offering a Lucas part at £15.00 which would be my 1st choice considering cost.

Is it an easy diy procedure for me and tips would be great guys. Thank you.

Sammy

Anybody with some suggestions?

Simple answer - install and run Torque Pro on an Android phone and plug in a cheap OBD reader to the port under the left side of the steering column.

I get around 82 deg at operating temp. If yours is vastly different, theres your answer.

I would agree with not changing parts in hope. If the exhaust system is non standard then that might be upsetting the ECU.    

Cheers guys. Much appreciated.

I was never a tech wizz especially when it comes to diagnostics etc.

Ive already purchased the part...Lucas part at 14.00...to me its worth a try even if it doesnt change anything.

Its now a case of a 19mm spanner and getting fingers in that narrow space! Wish me luck

Good luck, and I hope it does fix it for you.