Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Playing music via Bluetooth on Toyota Yaris 18

Yav88

Hello I've recently purchased a Toyota Yaris Icon Tech 1.5 manual 18. It's a very nice car and I love the features on it.

One minor issue which is bothering me though is playing songs via bluetooth. Whenver I play songs via Spotify the songs play fine, however on the audio screen where you see the songs displayed, I notice there is a browse option which is always greyed out, this means I can't select a song I want to play, I just have to rely on my playlist being on shuffle (which I do majority of the time anyway) but there are those few moments where I'm thinking I really want to listen to a certain song and can't do that.

I kept thinking maybe the "browse option" is greyed out because I am playing it via spotify, I have even tried playing music through songs I have downloaded on my phone but again same issue, I then thought perhaps 4G needs to be turned on but still same issue with this.

Does anyone know a workaround for this at all? 

Thank You

Moved to the Yaris club.

What phone? on my iPhone x I cannot browse music through an app e.g Spotify but can browse music music stored locally on the phone this is something dictated by the phone/app and not something the car can overcome.

7 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

What phone? on my iphone x I cannot browse music through an app e.g Spotify but can browse music music stored locally on the phone this is something dictated by the phone/app and not something the car can overcome.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9, I shall have a look at the settings on my S9 and see if there is a way round this.

• 2 years later...

Yaris 2018 cannot communicate with Spotify over bluetooth according to Toyota local main dealer. They say car must be at least 2019. Is this true? 

4 hours ago, Taighin said:

Yaris 2018 cannot communicate with Spotify over bluetooth according to Toyota local main dealer. They say car must be at least 2019. Is this true? 

It can play music being streamed over bluetooth from Spotify ( or any other App e.g Amazon, Deezer etc or stored directly on the streaming device ) and you skip forward / back but that is it 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links