Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well that was LOUD!

weluvcelicas

Driving to the shop this morning and everything was great then all of a sudden my ears nearly burst! my O2 sensor just popped out for no reason 😮

I havent looked at it properly yet so I don't know if it unscrewed (Unlikely) or the exhaust is that corroded it just blew out.

I'll find out once it gets lighter outside. I probably woke all of my neighbours up, so they won't be happy with me 😕

It blew right out! Well this is going to be costly! 😞

IMG_3639.JPG

IMG_3642.JPG

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Money is ultra-tight these days so I bodged it with an old tin can, some steel gauze mesh, two jubilee clips and some Holts Firegum.

I did this last week and it's held out so far. Plus BONUS! my Engine Management Light hasn't came on since I did this bodge.

IMG_3623.JPG

Fantastic bodge my hat goes off to you there keep us updated on the longevity of that fine piece of diy fabrication well done!!!

Have you left the post cat 02 sensor off for now then I don't think it's actually needed is it?

Btw you can pick up 2nd hand stainless etc middle exhaust sections cheap quite regularly on celica-club.co.uk somebody called ams had one on there v recently take a peek over there!!

4 hours ago, gezhenry said:

Fantastic bodge my hat goes off to you there keep us updated on the longevity of that fine piece of diy fabrication well done!!!

Have you left the post cat 02 sensor off for now then I don't think it's actually needed is it?

Btw you can pick up 2nd hand stainless etc middle exhaust sections cheap quite regularly on celica-club.co.uk somebody called ams had one on there v recently take a peek over there!!

Thank you gezhenry. The other sensor looks ok, to be honest I wouldn't know if it's needed or not. I haven't modified anything on my celica. Thanks for letting me know about the secondhand exhaust's 🙂

A good bodge.  Surprising what an old tin can can do.  I trust it was a Heinz Baked Beans tin 😁

6 hours ago, Notoyboy said:

A good bodge.  Surprising what an old tin can can do.  I trust it was a Heinz Baked Beans tin 😁

Thanks. Sorry to disappoint, It was actually a Galaxy drinking chocolate tin :blush:

• 4 weeks later...

My bodge is still holding up and the engine management light is still off. 🙂