Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rim Cleaning

jonlaw

I am looking for a good rim cleaning product. Old ones didnt worked so well for me. Anything in your mind ??

What have you used previously?

I use ordinary car shampoo on mine and don't have any problems but then again I clean them regularly it also helps tremendously if you wax or seal them! 

Please post a photo of them so that I can advise on what to use.

Depends on what rim you're talking about. Personally, I use three sheets, one back, one forward and one to polish!

Last car we had was a Fiat500 with multispoke alloys.  A devil to keep clean.

Tried all sorts of methods and bought a bottle of wheel cleaner.  Must have cost a tenner.  You sprayed it on and left it for five minutes, and the muck and grime and brake muck turned blue, and then you hosed it off.  Worked a treat, but the the bottle only lasted a few weeks.

I eventually bought a narrow wheel brush, and that worked perfectly.  It needed effort to do, but at least it was a cheap solution.

Mick.

Rosa 6.jpg

Hi Mick F.

Can you remember the actual name of the product you used?

I have used a couple with limited success so  I am wondering what you found what worked well?

Many thanks. Mike.

I've been using Wonder Wheels for a while now with good results.  I think there are two types - mine is the one which doesn't turn purple (although I'd imagine both to work similarly well).

Like Mick's product, you apply and leave for a few mins and wash off.  Easy to apply with a small brush or a spray bottle.  It takes most if the crap off itself but for a perfect finish I usually also use a wheel brush to agitate.  Apply to all 4 wheels, agitate/brush all 4 wheels, power wash off - job done.  I've used it on diamond cut/painted wheels and alloys with no problems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike169 said:

Hi Mick F.

Can you remember the actual name of the product you used?

I have used a couple with limited success so  I am wondering what you found what worked well?

Many thanks. Mike.

eBay, I think.  I used frequent the Fiat Forum - not been on it for a couple of years - and I had a thread on there about it.

I could look at our eBay account past orders, and maybe check out the Fiat Forum.  I'll get back to this later.

Mick.

• Like 1

Hi Mick F.

Thank  you very much for your time and effort, most appreciated.

Regards, Mike 169 aka Metal Mickey.

That's ok! 😀

The thread from the Fiat Forum is worth a read.  The loo brush I bought from a pound shop snapped within a few weeks though!  I thought about going back and buying two or three for "stock" as each one broke, but never got round to it.

No longer have the 500 Twinair now.  Sad really, coz it was terrific fun to drive even though it was a two cylinder engine, but it was turbo charged and went like a rocket and the engine sound was fantastic.  Rather unpractical as a car though ........... only two doors and a tiny boot.

We traded it in for the Yaris Hybrid.  Good trade I reckon! 

Mick.

On 8/2/2019 at 4:24 PM, jonlaw said:

I am looking for a good rim cleaning product. Old ones didnt worked so well for me. Anything in your mind ??

Is it that your wheels are pitted and get ingrained brake dust, or are you always stuck for time when cleaning you car? If not just seal your rims with your favourite wax or sealant the next time you get them clean then they'll come clean with ordinary shampoo after that and say goodbye to those costly harsh wheel cleaning chemicals.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links