Bulbs

Enl

Hi

I would like to know where I can buy in the UK headlights and reverse lights

Car details: estima areas 2006 ACR50W-GRXSK

Thank you

Moved to the Estima forum

Hi 'E'...…

I think your best bet is to wait until Monday and phone a main Toyota dealer.

There is a man on this site called The Parts King, aka Kingo, his real Name is John Devlin, nice main.

If you dial, normal working hours, 01244 821031 you will get through to the main switchboard and it will be answered Lindop Toyota ask for the parts man John Devlin, give him your chassis number if you have it but definitely your reg. number and if he can't help you I don't know who can as he is the best! Please mention I gave you his contact details, Mike 169 aka Metal Mickey and I feel confident he can help you out.

As he gives a discount, I have never known him not to, even with the postage he is cheaper than elsewhere and he is a 100% decent man.

Regards, Mike.

bulbs.?...get them from where you'd get any vehicle bulb..there's nothing special or different about them.

Halfords, ECP, eBay etc

Hi Neil.

Looking at 'E' s post it looks to me like he wants RHD headlamps and lenses, not just the bulbs or have I read it wrong?

Regards, Mike.

Hi everyone thanks for your reply! I need to change the low beam headlight passenger side and reverse light driver side. I tried to look for the right bulbs in couple of website but doesn't look like the recognise my number plate. It will be a great help for me if someone can provide me with the right details that I will be able to buy them.

Thanks again

Hi E

If you can wait until tomorrow, Monday I am sure John will be able to advise you......my first reply.

Regards, Mike.

I assumed it was just bulbs that were required.?...the title of the post is "bulbs".?....so why not just take them out and get the info from the bulb that's blown.?..and then replace like for like.?

It's likely that the low beam is 55w and the reversing 21w..pretty standard.

Hi.

To me it appears the owner has bought an export model in which case the lenses of the headlamps dip the wrong way which is down to the glass of the headlamp hence why I suggested he contacts The Parts King, Kingo, John Devin or some solid sound advise.

Regards to all on this thread, Mike.

You may be right, Mike,...No doubt E will enlighten us further ..is it bulbs...or is it units.?

• Like 1

On 8/4/2019 at 6:36 AM, Mike169 said:

Hi 'E'...…

I think your best bet is to wait until Monday and phone a main Toyota dealer.

There is a man on this site called The Parts King, aka Kingo, his real Name is John Devlin, nice main.

If you dial, normal working hours, 01244 821031 you will get through to the main switchboard and it will be answered Lindop Toyota ask for the parts man John Devlin, give him your chassis number if you have it but definitely your reg. number and if he can't help you I don't know who can as he is the best! Please mention I gave you his contact details, Mike 169 aka Metal Mickey and I feel confident he can help you out.

As he gives a discount, I have never known him not to, even with the postage he is cheaper than elsewhere and he is a 100% decent man.

Regards, Mike.

Hi Mike I tried to call Mr delvin however he is away for a week. To be honest I don't understand much in cars so I can only assume that it needs simple bulb replacement. I tried to search online for the right bulb using my number plate, however they don't recognize my car probably due to the fact that it is an imported car (estima aeras 2006). Would you or anyone can kindly explain me or share with me a link to guide how to take out the low beam passenger side bulb? 

Thank you very much

Presume that the car is a grey import from Japan, in which case the car will be right hand drive (RHD) and the headlights should be OK for the UK market.

Perhaps E can confirm whether the car is RHD or LHD.

Hi E.

Is your steering wheel on the LHS or the RHS of your car/dashboard?

Regards, Mike.

2 hours ago, Enl said:

Hi Mike I tried to call Mr delvin however he is away for a week. To be honest I don't understand much in cars so I can only assume that it needs simple bulb replacement. I tried to search online for the right bulb using my number plate, however they don't recognize my car probably due to the fact that it is an imported car (estima aeras 2006). Would you or anyone can kindly explain me or share with me a link to guide how to take out the low beam passenger side bulb? 

Thank you very much

Hi E.

As Frostyballs has commented and so have I until you can tell us where your steering wheel is then we can't really help you. If as Frostyballs has indicated if your vehicle is an import you many need complete new headlamps but if your steering wheel is on the right as you sit in the driving seat then it will make it easier.

Regards, Mike.

43 minutes ago, Mike169 said:

Hi E.

Is your steering wheel on the LHS or the RHS of your car/dashboard?

Regards, Mike.

The car is like any other car in the UK - driver on the RHS.

So as it is RHD, it will almost certainly be a grey import from Japan - where the domestic market is RHD, and the headlights will be set up for RHD. So no need to change the headlights.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike169 said:

Hi E.

Click on the link below, it will give you information about headlamp bulbs.

The fact your steering wheel is on the right makes things easier.

Hi thank you all for your intention to help, it looks like a proper job to change the 'low beam headlight passenger side', not something that I can do by my self. I would like to know which type of bulb I will need? and how much it should cost to change it in a local garage?

Many thanks

TBH I think you should leave it in the hands of your local garage...ask them how long and how much before you commit....labour rates vary so much between garages.

They have to take the bulb out anyway and can then replace it like for like...it will be an easily available bulb they'll probably have in stock.