Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo 2009 clutch adjustment

gotagetz

It's had a new clutch a few years ago but I find the bite point high, do these little things have adjustable clutches so I could maybe bring the biting point down on the clutch.....or free play on the pedal how d I measure it?

Hi, I have a 2008 and had the same problem. There is an adjuster on the pedal to adjust the return height. In the Haynes manual it gives a measurement which personally I found way to high (unless you have massive feet!). I adjusted mine right in to give a lower rest position. I then adjusted the cable from inside the engine bay to give me a bit of slack before the bite point. Having some slack is important or you will just burn away your clutch.

I would be interested in other people's views as this is a common gripe on these cars.

There is a bunch of info on Youtube to help locate the adjusters etc.

Thanks for the reply. 

Just looked at the adjuster on the pedal and it's nearly all the way in, maybe only another turn possibly. Only solution would be a longer bolt!

I might turn it in all the way and try adjust the cable out a bit.

My daughter is trying to learn clutch control and there was a lot of slack in the accelerator cable too...

When I changed my clutch I'm pretty sure I adjusted it as the WSM stated, to 20mm (pedal free play). That was fully possible through the adjuster on the gearbox.

The pedal adjustment is strange as its less for LHD cars than RHD. Is the floor layout slightly different on the LHD. As others have said, you can adjust the free play by adjusting the plastic nut on the cable inside the engine bay. Haynes reckons 18-28 mm. Its possible you have little free play.

The pedal height us correct but it's ridulously high. Is there any reason why I can't turn the stop screw anti clockwise and then adjust the clutch at the gearbox end?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links