Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Two sets of wheels and TPWS valves 2019 RAV4

Tomfromfife

I was curious as to whether 2 sets of TPWS valves can be registered on the 2019 RAV4. I thought the answer may be useful to others....

Every tire pressure warning valve and transmitter has a unique ID code. In addition to the set of tire pressure warning system sensor ID codes initially registered to the vehicle, a second set of ID codes can be registered. A second set of tire pressure warning system sensor ID codes can be registered by any authorized Toyota retailer or Toyota authorized repairer, or any reliable repairer. When 2 sets of ID codes have been registered, either ID code set can be selected.

From the manual to select the alternate TPWS set, use the Change Wheel setting....

TPWS” (Tire Pressure Warning System) 
• “Set Pressure”
Select to initialize the tire pressure warning system.
• “Change Wheel
Select to change the tire pressure warning system sensor ID code set. To enable this function, a second set of tire pressure warning system sensor ID codes must be registered by any authorized Toyota retailer or Toyota authorized repairer, or any reliable repairer. For information regarding changing the registered ID code set, contact any authorized Toyota retailer or Toyota authorized repairer, or any reliable repairer.

Martin,

What is your take on replacement tyres being fitted by Kwik Fit for example. My RAV4 is a lease car and normally they want to use Kwik Fit whom I have had very bad experience of with my BMW prior to getting my Toyota. My preference will be to use my local Toyota garage and for them to price match another supplier.

Any thoughts or experience ?

My dealer has normally been quite competitive on price, and when I worked in London I actually got a Kwikfit to price match my dealer when I needed 4 tyres and couldn't get to Norwich for a while!

That said, I've had good service from a couple of Kwikfit branches over the years, but have only used them the once since I started using my Norwich dealer in 2002.  Like many businesses, I think it's down to the individual branch manager as much as anything.

My KwikFit dealer in St Andrews, Fife, is very good. I have a good relationship with the 2 managers.

Toyota state that they will price match with local tyre suppliers, not online suppliers. If you order online from KwikFit you get a much better price than from the local KwikFit, but Toyota don’t have to match that. I ordered 4 Cross Climates through KwikFit and they took a lot of care with the TPWS sensors and the polished wheels. They also put one of the original tyres on the new spare wheel for free. No TPWS sensor on the spare as although it is full size it is still temporary. The reason is that Cross Climates are directional so if the spare was a Cross Climate I could only fit it to one side. They aren’t safe to have rotating the wrong way in the wet as they aquaplane.

i had a lot of trouble with small tyre fitters scratching the wheels and centre caps on my BMW X3. They were removing the centre caps with a screwdriver instead of pushing them out from the inside....numpties.

The KwikFit guys also said that if they damage a wheel they will have it repaired or replaced and also replace a TPWS sensor if they damage one.

An alternative is to order the tyres from Black Circles and have them delivered to your home, then use any fitter you like. I guess that won’t apply if you have a lease car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links