Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which wire/fuse

Auris2010

Any ideas which wire or fuse to tap as i am planning of putting footwell lights. Ive done it on my Auris before but cant seem to make it work on my Corolla

How Toyota install theirs: Here

Ive seen before that but too technical for me. Just need the proper wire to tap. 

I’m guessing you mean the 2019 Corolla? The fuse box is under the glovebox on RHD cars. I have hooked up a dash cam setup to my car and I use the 12v accessory fuse. Look at the fuse box cover and you’ll see a diagram. I think it’s the very top or bottom fuse. The reason I used this fuse is that it switches on and off with the ignition.

Thanks. But that will only mean that the footwell lights iwill be on all the time while the engine is running and off when is stopped. 

I need the the right wire/fuse for the dome lights.  So it will switch on when you unlock the door  vise versa. 

Ahh of course I didnt think that through. The fuse for the dome lights will be permanently on and it’s a “timer” between the fuse and lights which prevent the Battery from going flat etc.

The best way is to connect it directly to the dome lights then run the wire along the top of the windscreen/headlining then down the door seals into the footwells. I hid my wires in the same way when installing my dash cam

Thanks. 

I dont want to run it thru the done light. But just need to figure out the wire to tap. Just cant figure out which one as stated on  the toyota texh website. 

The wires you need are shown from page 17 and are up in the LHS A-pillar 

one is on the 25 pin plug as shown on page 19 female plug Z4 it is Red and is Battery +

one is on the 22 pin plug as shown on page 19 male plug Z5 it is Violet and is Ignition

one is on the 22 pin plug as shown on page 20 female plug Z6 it is violet and is Door switch

one is on the 22 pin plug as shown on page 20 female plug Z6 it is white/black and is Ground. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks again. 

I still cant get the right wire. 

Maybe its just me. Lol