Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seen quite a few Corolla TS in my area, but some are minicabs.

Konrad C

I have to say that I seen a lot of new Corolla's, mostly Touring Sports, silver with the a few black. I have also seen a couple hatchbacks. It seem that a lot of the Touring Sports in my area (Bexley) are minicabs. Is this an indication that the Corolla estate, is replacing the Prius as the private hire vehicle of choice? 

lots of hybrid Auris TS used as private hire cars too.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

lots of hybrid Auris TS used as private hire cars too.

Very true Scott. I think some PHV owners/users want something other than the 'common' Prius. I am not a PHV driver and not keen on the Prius looks. Plus Prius is always associated as a PHV. The Auris and Corolla are more conventional looking. 

I also see other brands like Hyundai IONIQ as hybrid PHV.

The second hand market will be interesting. 

Yeap, most of them are PHV, I have seen many even a hatchback one as taxi and all estates with license stickers, I don’t personally think the new Corolla will replace the Prius but will take a large percentage of the sales, Toyota wins anyway, the question is not what make when looking for a hybrid but what model. Toyota / Lexus still remains the best hybrids. 

• Like 1

I use my corolla sports tourer as a cab and the main reason for using the Corolla estate is the auris estate has now finished

Prefer the estate as you are not restricted on boot space

• Like 1

On 8/5/2019 at 12:48 PM, TonyHSD said:

Yeap, most of them are PHV, I have seen many even a hatchback one as taxi and all estates with license stickers, I don’t personally think the new Corolla will replace the Prius but will take a large percentage of the sales, Toyota wins anyway, the question is not what make when looking for a hybrid but what model. Toyota / Lexus still remains the best hybrids. 

You are right. Toyota are in a win win situation, and have the edge in the PHV/taxi market. They must be market leaders, especially with fuel efficiency/emissions mix. London has the ULEZ, which is supposed to be expanding to the north and south circular roads. Diesels are penalised - they need to be Euro 6 and the DPF systems need to be working well. Toyota got rid of their diesel cars.
As I said before, the Corollas are selling well.

• Like 1