Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's this button overhead?

Anthony Sutton

Touring Sport

can't find any reference to it in manual (hopefully not a seat ejector button! LOL)

there's no sun roof  

unknown button overhead.JPG

Hi Anthony.

I think you will find it is to turn the interior sensors off if say you leave somebody in the car but you leave it for a short while to pop to the shops or whatever. The car detects movement on the inside so this will make the alarm sound so just by pressing this button, it will not stay in or out but just pressing it deactivates the internal movement sensors so if you are wanting to lock the car with even say a dog inside but you feel the need to lock your car up, the engine will still not start, the button only works on the movement sensors.

Regards, Mike.

• Like 2

As @Mike169 posted it allows you to leave the windows open a hot day. It proved useful the week before last.

• Like 2

yes it’s also good to use on cross channel Ferry’s especially if its a rough crossing if it’s not turned off and the ship rolls it may trigger the car alarm 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, marlinleg said:

yes it’s also good to use on cross channel Ferry’s especially if its a rough crossing if it’s not turned off and the ship rolls it may trigger the car alarm 

I just lock the door with the mechanical key on a ferry - doesn't set the alarm at all.

• Like 1

O 🙄 never thought of that. If I may ref ferry we take le-shuttle , the point is I have a Tesco bank account and Tesco Credit Card , I collect Tesco points then use the Tesco boost ie treble value on ferry le shuttle ect . We drove down to Spain last year with Tesco boost it was £7 return car and up to 5 passengers  on le-shuttle £45 in Tesco vouchers x 3=£135 + my £7 🙄  I hope this helps members . The Tesco current account means you get 2 points for every £1 spent  in Tesco stores also it includes fuel . Sorry to go on 

• Like 1