Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Road Sign Assistance warning before shown speed reached

gavioliuk

2018 model AWD Hybrid.  Registered March 2019

After working correctly for two months a warning is being shown at a speed well below the sign indicated by the system.  It is definitely set for mph.  Is there a known fix before I see the dealer?

I realise the system does not "see" every sign, and I could live without it, but it would be nice to have it working in a new car.

If it was registered in March 2019, legally it is a 2019 car

25 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

If it was registered in March 2019, legally it is a 2019 car

I take your point.  I was making it clear that it is not a 2019 model.

The RSA on previous model Rav can be confused by speed signs in KM ( on the back of Continental lorries etc ) this "tricks" the system into switching to KMH it will eventually switch back but to force it, switch the dash settings to KMH switch the car off then back on and reset the dash to MPH this will set the dash back to MPH

1 hour ago, Devon Aygo said:

The RSA on previous model Rav can be confused by speed signs in KM ( on the back of continental lorries etc ) this "tricks" the system into switching to KMH it will eventually switch back but to force it, switch the dash settings to KMH switch the car off then back on and reset the dash to MPH this will set the dash back to MPH

My Gen 4 (2016) Prius did this on the odd very rare occasion, but more often if it set a high limit (over 100) it saw it as MPH!  However, it often picked up signs at the start of side roads or roundabout exits while passing them, and also often picked a limit that seemed to have no rhyme or reason - I was on the lookout for possible signs on lorries etc, but often nothing was obvious.

It was inaccurate at least 40% of the time in the Prius, more annoying in that car because if it thought I was speeding a red speed limit sign replaced the Hybrid System Indicator in the Head Up Display (HUD).  For that reason, mine was permanently switched off, and lots of other Prius owners said the same.

If yours is the first version of Safety Sense like that of Prius, I believe it's unlikely to be very reliable.  That version only used the camera, and wasn't backed up by the SatNav, unlike the much improved version in the 2019 RAV4 (and probably new Corollas).  At least it doesn't cause problems with the HUD on the RAV4 - since it doesn't have one even on the new version.

18 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

The RSA on previous model Rav can be confused by speed signs in KM ( on the back of continental lorries etc ) this "tricks" the system into switching to KMH it will eventually switch back but to force it, switch the dash settings to KMH switch the car off then back on and reset the dash to MPH this will set the dash back to MPH

Thank you.  It appears to have worked. Fingers crossed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links