Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cancelled order due to window tints too dark

kp1

Not a happy. Ordered the new Corolla sports tourer 1.8 hybrid, excel model. Only to realise the council will fail it on its taxi test. The window tints were too dark, now have to go down to Icon Tech. Anyone got the Icon Tech, and happy with it?

I have the Touring Sports in the Icon Tech spec, but not for taxi use. It's an great car to drive, has all the equipment you'll need. I got it because I didn't see the point in spending thousands more for not that much extra considering how well spec'ed even the lowest Icon model is.

I have the icon tech that I use for a taxi.

Decided on the tech over the excel as i didnt want the low profile tyres they have on the excel

The tyres on mine help soak up the bad roads and also increase mpg over the larger wheels

If you still want the excel ask the selling dealer to swop the rear drop windows from the icon to the excel

Great car imho

Thanks for the reply guys. Whats the difference with the front seats compared  to the Icon Tech? Any chance someone could send me a proper picture of what ticon tech seats please?

Thanks for your help

Put leather style seat covers on them to protect so dont see the fabric any way

• Like 1

Thanks mate. But have you got a side picture of the front seats please?

Many thanks

Is this the seats for the Icon Tech or excel do you knknow sales person at Toyota hasn't got a clue.

thanks

2019_toyota_corolla_touring_sports_eu_32.jpg

Are u 100% sure will fail the license application? You can always stand against it and get Toyota involved too. If factory tinted this is a family car not a boy racer so should be within the limits. Councils sometimes are applying non sense rules that can be changed, not easy though but not impossible. I personally wouldn’t cancel my order for that reason and will go against them, if I loose at the end will just pill of the foil and past the license checks. I be see so many tinted phv cars. 

Could also speak to your dealer and get them to change the rear glasses for standard ones, main glasses are £82 ea + vat quarter glasses are £20 ea + vat

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kp1 said:

Is this the seats for the Icon Tech or excel do you knknow sales person at Toyota hasn't got a clue.

thanks

2019_toyota_corolla_touring_sports_eu_32.jpg

Seats in Icon tech and Design are the same as those pictured Excel gets leather/alcantara sports seats

Yep they are the ones

You say you are using it as a taxi. Can I ask which dealer you are buying it from. 

May be able to save you lots of £££££

Nothing wrong with Icon Tourer it is the most comfortable riding/economical of the range with the small wheels (suspension settings) as Lian says why spend thousands on toys you don't need, done 3000 miles in mine now absolutely loving it much better for bumpy roads than the other models.

2 hours ago, Cbatoday said:

Yep they are the ones

You say you are using it as a taxi. Can I ask which dealer you are buying it from. 

May be able to save you lots of £££££

Buying it from cabs direct, dealer is Salford Manchester

6 minutes ago, kp1 said:

Glad the seats are the same as the excel model. They were very comfortable 👍

22 hours ago, Cbatoday said:

Put leather style seat covers on them to protect so dont see the fabric any way

Where would you get them from? 

1 hour ago, kp1 said:

Where would you get them from? 

Got them off Amazon for £50. Not perfect an d had to do a few moda to them. 

Got mine from cabdirect to vis rrg at Salford.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links