Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disable Stop Start

Steve

Surprised no one has mentioned it but I would love to disable stop start feature without having to keep pressing the button. Drives me potty. 

Anyone have any ideas how to have it disabled by default?

Hi Steve.

You will have to take it to a Toyota Main dealer and pay about £100 so they can plug your car into a laptop to reprogram your car.

Incidentally I had a Mercedes loan car for a while, parking was nightmare as it kept shutting down between going forwards and backwards.

Regards, Mike.

1 minute ago, Mike169 said:

Hi Steve.

You will have to take it to a Toyota Main dealer and pay about £100 so they can plug your car into a laptop to reprogram your car.

Incidentally I had a Mercedes loan car for a while, parking was nightmare as it kept shutting down between going forwards and backwards.

Regards, Mike.

Cheers Mike, i thought this might be the case. I was hoping it would be a case of depress clutch and press button 5 times jobby like it was when you needed to disable a seat belt chime. Could not find a sausage anywhere about it

i wish i had got them to do disable it before i bought it. They were so keen to sell me the car 🙂

Just out of interest, why would you want to disable the start-stop. 

I've not got mine yet, but my current car is start-stop and I don't think I've ever needed to turn the function off.

Maybe the Toyota dealer might be able to extend a longer time lapse of the stop/start function?