Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Transmission oil change 2014 CVT AURIS

gregoory

Hi all I have a 2014 Toyota auris CVT model Japanese Brand. Looking for some information pertaining to the changing of the transmission oil.

I recognize there is no transmission dip stick so I assume this one carries the transmission oil that is pumped in.

However, I am not seeing any information regarding the mileage when this is changed.

Looking forward for your response

Thank you !

For UK specification Auris with CVT transmission there is no scheduled replacement just a level check every 4 year/40,000 miles. This may vary on a non UK spec car.

• Like 1

It's very important to change the oil, no matter what Toyota says. 40.000 miles is a okay, but never 100.000. 

Imagine going 100 mph or towing a 1000 kg caravan. The only thing that makes the car move is a 1 inch steelbelt, protected by a thin oil film. 

About oil replacement : I've seen some YouTube videos, and the oil is poured from the top, through the engine bay. The trick is to know wich bolt to remove. Measurement is a tricky procedure, the amount has to be just right. 

The software must be reset to learn that new oil has been added. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the feedback I will try to investigate some more but will take note of the transmission oil change at 40,000 km.

What options are used in the UK for the auris CVT transmission oil.

Here are some options we have here in the Caribbean but wondering if I need to buy from Toyota dealer here explicitly.

What do you guys recommend ?? Are these options below suitable.

768cdf91e002a3a80b42104c7ed91d7f.jpg.

012a8ebef91c7bb4e0b62f32ec2b68d6.jpg.

Just my opinion, but personally, even if it costs more and for peace of mind I would use Toyota's CVT fluid.

• Like 2

Highly recommended to use Only Toyota own transmission oil! You can use any other that same spec but make sure is same and because you can’t really be sure it is use only the genuine Toyota oil. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links