Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Apple Carplay and Android Auto

Cbatoday

Saw this on you tube. Has it finally arrived

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cbatoday said:

Saw this on you tube. Has it finally arrived

I though the USA models have had it from the start?

That's the Entune system used in N. America & Australia (possibly other areas too) which has had it available for several months. It comes from a different oem & wouldn't be suitable here. Afaik CarPlay has not yet arrived on Touch2/MM17.

Let us hope Toyota tech digits are extracted soon and our "state of the art" Toyota models can catch up with inferior competition who do offer smartphone connectivity? My one and only disappointment with my car.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Any chance of retrofitting this feature (and also Android Auto) to models already issued? Mine is from March 2019 and I hope I can add that at some point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dee Bee said:

Let us hope Toyota tech digits are extracted soon and our "state of the art" Toyota models can catch up with inferior competition who do offer smartphone connectivity? My one and only disappointment with my car.

I'm in the same boat. I love the car but shocked beyond belief at the lack of smartphone integration (android for me). I hope they do add it and allow it to be retrospectively added to Corollas. I intended to keep the car 7-10 years ,so that long without smartphone integration is crazy and certainly would make me look elsewhere in future (as much as I like the car!)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stibiub said:

Any chance of retrofitting this feature (and also Android Auto) to models already issued?

Have to wait and see.

Certainly with the Aygo, which uses a different system to Touch 2/MM17, they use a different head unit for smartphone integrated models, and retro-fitting isn't possible to older units or those without smartphone integration.

• Like 1

The video looks wonderful, but could it be upgraded to old model cars? If couldn't, may have to consider to replace an aftermarket android unit, I was looking to replace an XTRONS unit. 😥

Good news!

In Poland since few days it is mentioned in price list document - Android Auto & Apple Carplay option for about 200£ (1000PLN) 

https://pdf.sites.toyota.pl/spec_nowa_corolla_ts_kombi.pdf

I've got additional info from Toyota Motor Poland - that connect option is possible for car that will be produced since October 2019

There will be also an update available in 2020Q1 for existing cars for about 500PLN 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow thats great news! so if they retrofit/update in the UK then 500PLN = about £100? seems like a bargain to bring the car into the 21st century 

krk_man, great news. Thank you for the update. You inspired me to contact Toyota Slovakia and they've just confirmed me that HB/TS should be produced with this packet from 11/2019 and SD from 12/2019.
Unfortunately, they couldn't confirm yet,if it will be possible to retrofit. Although I'm positive after your post, I'm still remaining cautious.

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

• Like 1

One of the main reasons I’ve been on the fence is no Android auto. My dealer thinks it’s coming but couldn’t confirm so this is encouraging.

Would be nice if they could match the U.K. spec with heated half leather and an option to upgrade audio. Hopefully the 2020 will have this as their competitors here in Ireland are offering all for a very similar price, some cheaper. 

I hope if this is an option to retro fit to 2019 models they also include an extra USB socket as well.

Canada here... 😀

2020 Corolla Hybrid comes standard here with Apple CarPlay and it is awesome.

ps...I believe our 2020 model is your 2019 model!

6 minutes ago, Clipper99 said:

Canada here... 😀

2020 Corolla Hybrid comes standard here with Apple CarPlay and it is awesome.

ps...I believe our 2020 model is your 2019 model!

Canadian models use a diifferent multimedia unit - Entune rather than MM17.

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke with my dealer in greece, he told me that according to toyota hellas android auto and Apple carplay will be retrofitted to cars that have been already purchased and that the update will be available early 2020. From what they have been told it will either be free or there will cost a small fee.. 

• Like 3

Awesome news. I have just contacted the Hungarian dealer, waiting for an answer 🙂

• Like 1

I've done a workaround using Mirrorlink, a cheap Samsung phone and a couple of apps which lets you have any app on the display and will even output audio. The only think not working is the microphone which isnt an issue if you use bluetooth as hands free. With this setup I can run the AA app on the screen as well as Google Maps and any app I want. 

What apps are you using?

Ah, nevermind I googles it 🙂

Thanks for the heads up

It's not rooted. You basically need:

- Samsung Phone (they support mirrorlink)

- Full Mirror app from the app store

- LG Mirror drive from apkmirror version 1.2.2.7

Here's the instructions below:

Please install LG MirrorDrive and ignore the incompatibility message: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/lgelectronics/lg-mirrordrive/lg-mirrordrive-1-2-2-7-release/lg-mirrordrive-1-2-2-7-android-apk-download/ alternatively you can use Audioteka from Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.k2.droidoaudioteka

Then please proceed the following way: 

1. Please close all open apps before you start.
  2. Start Full Mirror on your phone.
  3. Connect your phone to the car and select LG MirrorDrive, a message appears saying that it is not compatible with your phone. 
  4. You will see the icon of our app, click on it, the Launcher opens.
  5. Scroll down and find LG MirrorDrive, click and hold on it till a small window appears in the lower left corner
  6. Click OK on the message that your phone is not compatible (This step is optional)
  7. If you are transferred to the main menu, select LG MirrorDrive.
  8. Simply click on any app from the Launcher, you want to start. 
  9. Repeat steps 7 and 8
  10. Enjoy your favorite apps in the car 

Please also watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_IKXsJmgGs 

On 9/19/2019 at 5:21 AM, eskemoiain said:

It's not rooted. You basically need:

- Samsung Phone (they support mirrorlink)

- Full Mirror app from the app store

- LG Mirror drive from apkmirror version 1.2.2.7

Here's the instructions below:

Please install LG MirrorDrive and ignore the incompatibility message: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/lgelectronics/lg-mirrordrive/lg-mirrordrive-1-2-2-7-release/lg-mirrordrive-1-2-2-7-android-apk-download/ alternatively you can use Audioteka from Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.k2.droidoaudioteka

Then please proceed the following way: 

1. Please close all open apps before you start.
  2. Start Full Mirror on your phone.
  3. Connect your phone to the car and select LG MirrorDrive, a message appears saying that it is not compatible with your phone. 
  4. You will see the icon of our app, click on it, the Launcher opens.
  5. Scroll down and find LG MirrorDrive, click and hold on it till a small window appears in the lower left corner
  6. Click OK on the message that your phone is not compatible (This step is optional)
  7. If you are transferred to the main menu, select LG MirrorDrive.
  8. Simply click on any app from the Launcher, you want to start. 
  9. Repeat steps 7 and 8
  10. Enjoy your favorite apps in the car 

Please also watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_IKXsJmgGs 

Doesn't work

Edit - Step 6 doesn't show up, I did get it to work, but it's horrid and costs 5 quid. Un-installed and refunded.

It took me a couple of attempts like making sure all apps are closed before starting, not ideal however it's a workable solution until official Android auto arrives. 

• Like 1

After a few days of driving with my tablet I've decided I don't like looking at the main screen for navigation. I've picked up the Miracase phone holder as suggested by cbatody (thanks) but got mine mounted over on the right.

• Like 1