Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P2463 Particule Filter Restriction - Soot Accumulation

nielske5001

Vehicle: Toyota Auris 2009 1.4 D Diesel, Manual transmission, 115,000 kms

Dear fellow Toyota-owners!

After several years of problems with the DPF, the problem still isn't resolved.
Old topic:

After the dealer did a forced regeneration the problems were gone for about half a year then suddenly the check engine light lighted up again. I have read out the codes myself via the Toyota Techstream software. P2463 Particule Filter Restriction - Soot Accumulation. I did 2 forced regenerations and the problem was gone. After 200km's the check engine light warning came back. I repeated the same procedure (2 forced regens). 2 weeks later the warning was back.

A year ago when the check engine light lighted up, the car was "struggling". There was a sudden loss of power when the light came on. I was driving on the motorway 120km/h 6th gear and the light came up, the car slowed down. Accelerating was difficult to impossible. The last time the light came up I didn't experience that loss of power.

Could that be an indication that the problem isn't really the DPF but something else?  Sensor, ECU,...?

I was looking into my car's documentation and I found something strange I didn't notice when I bought the car at 47,000kms. There was a report with the same error code P2463! I doubt the DPF was bad at that mileage...

Looking forward to your answers!

Greetings

Niels

My old Yaris diesel Dpf was bad at around 40k miles. Got it replaced then blocked again at around 30k miles. Then got rid of the car. 

Symptoms do suggest a clogged DPF. Is the issue  with lack of power still present now, or it went away after restart?

The lack of power is only present when the check engine light shows up. After stopping the engine and turning it back on. The error code is still there but the car drives normal again. The lack of power is gone. I think the software closes a valve or something. When I clear the code the car immediately drives better. I do think it's a software related problem but I'm not a car mechanic.
A week ago the light showed up again. On saturday when I started the car, the error was gone.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

How are you erasing the error?

Are you using Techstream for it, or some cheap code reader?

I'm using Techstream for clearing the codes as well as for doing the regeneration of the DPFA.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

I had the same problem with Golf Tech diesel. Error code was P2453 but symptoms were the same. EML kept coming on and engine went in to “limp mode”. Very fustrating but turned out to be a duff sensor (£40 to replace) Diesels hate short runs and need a good run at at least 2000rpm for 15 minutes. That should fix most DPF related problems. Moved on to an Auris Hybrid now. Happy days, and similar economy too. Good luck. 

115000 kms in 10 years isn't much. That's one of the causes.

• 1 year later...

To reset the engine (spanner) light, make sure the speedo setting is for total milage. Switch off engine, press the speedo reset button and watch the figures count down to read 000000... Takes a few seconds... good luck... C