Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1.0 yaris

lipso

Are there any particular years of 1.0 yaris that’s not as good as others? Or are all ok from 1999 to 2007? And as compared to a Prius are the overall running costs much different?

In terms of economy, I can get 44mpg on a tank of fuel when not having a care in the world of how heavy my right foot is (with urban driving as well), 50mpg on motorway driving when being a bit careful. Will be cheaper to maintain than a Prius because there's no hybrid element - gen 1 Yaris' are so simple and easy to work on, things don't go wrong very often and if they do, they're not too difficult to fix yourself (if that's what you want to do). Parts for a French built Yaris are typically more expensive - if I had to buy another gen 1 Yaris, I'd try and buy a Japanese built model - no Torx, parts seem cheaper generally (look on Euro Parts and you'll see), they just seem a bit better put together for obvious reasons (French vs Japanese built quality). Get a Yaris, cracking fun!

All good cars although the second gen are a bit underpowered for being a 1.0 due to the extra weight.

Cheap as chips to run.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links