Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Upgrading heater control. Toyota Avensis T3-S VVT-I

Darkness

So, I got an old turn dial heater system in the car but noticed other 2003 cars had the silver digital one instead. In my haste and it was cheap, I bought one off eBay super cheap but the fittings in the back are different. (Gutted)

Anybody have any ideas where I can get adapter cables from, if it is even possible.

I enclose photos of the old ones fittings and then the new ones fittings.

toyota-avensis-t250-oro-kondicionieriaus-klimato-peciuko-valdymo-blokas-salone.jpg

34ad468c-411b-49ab-9479-22fd7252790d_10779828.jpg

Toyota-Avensis-2003-2009-Digital-Heater-Control.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I think its bad news tbh... all the connections, protocols and interfaces will be different. The digital one looks to be for dual zone climate control where you can alter settings for each side of the car. 

• Thanks 1

Manual one is, well, manual, i doubt you can just throw in an automatic one, as you car will be missing all the servos for it.

• Thanks 1

Well, I guess it answers that question. Any reason why some 2003 Avensis cars have the manual one and others the chrome digital one?

Car options, just like buying any other car, when new, just with any other cars, automatic one adjusts it all for you based on sensors, manual does not.

Or maybe at that time it was part of higher trim level.

The older the car, the more likely something is to go wrong, so I think the less technlology and attendent sensors it has, the less there is to go wrong!  The simpler the better - keep the manual/analogue system 😊