Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Servicing timing

biggun

Hi there.

Servicing, is it 12 months from the last service date or on the anniversary, each year, of the 1st registration and is there a tolerance around the dates, to comply with warranty please?  I would appreciate any advice on this to clear this matter up, many thanks to all.

It is normally 1 year or 10,000 miles (the BMW diesel might be 12,500 miles?) since last whichever comes first. Afaik there is a 1 month/1,000 miles tolerance but I don't work for Toyota .

Many thanks Heidfirst for your reply, however I should have said,  is it 12 months from the last service date stamped in the service book or on the anniversary each year of the 1st registration.  As the first service was done after 10 months which was 2 months before the due date for the first years service.  Hoping it's abit clearer and thank you for your reply.  So we still search for an answer if anyone can help.  Many thanks.

According to your service book, what was the mileage at the first service?

12 months or 10,000 (poss. 12,5000 for BMW diesel) miles since last service, whichever comes first.

See 

If you are concerned then have the next service done around 13 months after the last and the following (next years) after another 13 months. That will pull you back in line without going over any time limits. Of course mileage covered may dictate earlier servicing if you are doing lots of miles. This should also bring you within the window for MOT's to be done at the same time and forward dated to the registration date.

Copied from the topic I linked to previously:

"1.6 1WW & 2.0 2WW BMW diesel engines are up to 12 month / 12500 miles but they are fitted with software and sensors that monitor driving habits and ash content in the engine oil and can drop the schedule as low as 5000 miles if required."

If the service software/sensors indicated a service was due, this would probably explain why the first service was carried out at 10 months.

The second service would be due when either of the following occurs first:

1). 12 months after the first service, or

2). 12,500 miles have been covered since the first service, or

3). the service software/sensors indicate a service is due.

• Like 1

Thanks very much for your help everybody, yes 12 months/or mileage from the last service. I've now got it sorted and booked in.  :biggrin:  all the best to all.