Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo (2015) infotainment upgrade Android Auto and Apple Carplay

remon1496

I have just sent a email to the guy in Poland, as he has a 86140-YV020 listed for sale.

My daughters 2014 Toyota Aygo Xpression has the head unit with reverse camera and Sat Nav, can I assume correctly  that this will be a straight plug and play swap ?

On 8/21/2020 at 3:35 PM, BobbyMcLeish said:

I have just sent a email to the guy in Poland, as he has a 86140-YV020 listed for sale.

My daughters 2014 Toyota Aygo Xpression has the head unit with reverse camera and Sat Nav, can I assume correctly  that this will be a straight plug and play swap ?

Both 86140-YV010 and YV020 are a straight swap, although YV010 does not have DAB, also the existing Nav module in your Daughters car will no longer work leaving AA/CP to provide the navigation.

Straight swap, excellent.  She never and will never use the built in sat nav anyway, she prefers Google maps in Android Auto.

Cheers

Straight swap, excellent.  She never and will never use the built in sat nav anyway, she prefers Google maps in Android Auto.

Cheers

If I happen to find one of these, I've read a few threads elsewhere stating that they may come without the unlock code.  If this happens, can I get a code from my local Toyota dealer ?

• 2 months later...

Hi guys

do the 86140-YV10 comes in different versions?

Just got a old 86140-YV10 with the speak botton, but I don't see any android or carplay... only stupid mirrowlink.. any ideas?

/Chris

11 minutes ago, flash22 said:

AA and AC you need the phone plugged in via usb (tethered) and connected in the settings

Alternatively you can use this CPLAY2air adapter which plugs into the USB and creates a wireless CarPlay connection - works fine in my Aygo.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2020 at 8:46 PM, Devon Aygo said:

worth noting AA/CP relies on your smart phone to provide the Data/Gps and if your phone has no signal you have no nav.

Unless you use Google maps (which is now compatible with Apple CarPlay also) and download offline maps for the area(s) you'll be travelling before leaving home.

On 8/13/2019 at 1:15 PM, remon1496 said:

Yesterday I ordered the new "86140-YV020" infotainment system from a webshop in poland. This is the unit with Android Auto and Apple Carplay support. I'm going to replace this unit with my current model (86140-0H020). I will inform you guys if it works or not.

I'm going to do this to my Peugeot 108 (2015).

hi i would buy an autoradio 86140-YV020. Where i can find this autoradio in order to buy it. Hoping to have an answer, cordially

On 8/22/2020 at 5:58 PM, BobbyMcLeish said:

Cheers

If I happen to find one of these, I've read a few threads elsewhere stating that they may come without the unlock code.  If this happens, can I get a code from my local Toyota dealer ?

Hi,

Can anyone answer the question from a few months ago in regards to, if I find one of these headunits, will I need some sort of unlock code, or will it just work once connected ?  If I get one with no unlock code, will my Toyota dealer give me a code ?

I am still actively  looking for one of these.

it should be plug and play, as far as I'm aware it's not paired to the ecu

• Thanks 1

OK, i have sourced one of these units, but before I part with the cash, I NEED to be positive this will fit in my daughters Aygo.

She has a 2014 Aygo X-Pression VVT-I with the built in sat nav with DAB and the map SD card in the glove box slot.

So if I get the 86140-YV020, this will just plug and play and the DAB will also work ?

A quick reply would be appreciated,  as these are VERY hard to find.

Thanks

Bobby

Cheers for, but I know that and isn't a issue.

Just need to be crystal clear that in my particular scenario, this is indeed a 100% straight plug and play swap.

On 11/17/2020 at 4:48 PM, chrisbjensen said:

Hi guys

do the 86140-YV10 comes in different versions?

Just got a old 86140-YV10 with the speak botton, but I don't see any android or carplay... only stupid mirrowlink.. any ideas?

/Chris

I have this exact same issue. Had the older model with navigation installed. Today I switches my old radio for the 86140-YV010 version. Everything works fine, but I don't have the Carplay button on the screen and nothing happens when I connect my iPhone.

However, unlike what other people say in some previous posts, my pre-installed navigation function is still working.

Am I doing something wrong? Does anybody have an idea on how to get Carplay working?

3 hours ago, Sander0165 said:

I have this exact same issue. Had the older model with navigation installed. Today I switches my old radio for the 86140-YV010 version. Everything works fine, but I don't have the Carplay button on the screen and nothing happens when I connect my iPhone.

However, unlike what other people say in some previous posts, my pre-installed navigation function is still working.

Am I doing something wrong? Does anybody have an idea on how to get Carplay working?

Please let me know if you get yours working properly.  Thanks.

3 hours ago, Sander0165 said:

1. Do you definitely have the later 3 button/knob head unit and are you connecting your ( Compatible See bottom of page Here ) iPhone Unlocked via a genuine Apple lead

2. Is a USB stick with Mp3 recognised when plugged in?

• No check USB lead is connected or unfortunately a known fault on the AA/CP head units a resistor has failed in the unit and you need a new head unit.
  • YES MP3 USB works See 3

3. Disconnect the X-nav and try again without it connected, ( Toyota say x-nav is not compatible and should not be connected )

8 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

1. Do you definitely have the later 3 button/knob head unit and are you connecting your ( Compatible See bottom of page Here ) Iphone Unlocked via a genuine Apple lead

2. Is a USB stick with Mp3 recognised when plugged in?

• No check USB lead is connected or unfortunately a known fault on the AA/CP head units a resistor has failed in the unit and you need a new head unit.
  • YES MP3 USB works See 3

3. Disconnect the X-nav and try again without it connected, ( Toyota say x-nav is not compatible and should not be connected )

Thank you for your answer.

I checked everything and the answer to questions 1 and 2 is yes.

But about number 3, could you please tell me how to disconnect the X-nav? Is this just one of the cables in the back of the unit? And if yes, how do I know which one is the one I should disconnect?

I hope you can help me with that, thanks a lot in advance.

On 12/15/2020 at 6:43 PM, Sander0165 said:

It may be worth taking out the navigation maps SD card which is in the glovebox, this may be confusing the replacement headunit, however, based on what's been said, this function should not work with the replacement headunit !!!

I have one coming next week, the 86140-YV020 with DAB, I hope it works !!

I have one coming next week, the 86140-YV020 with DAB, I hope it works !!

Fitting this on Tuesday and will have a play around and report back.

On 12/15/2020 at 6:43 PM, Sander0165 said:

It may be worth taking out the navigation maps SD card which is in the glovebox, this may be confusing the replacement headunit, however, based on what's been said, this function should not work with the replacement headunit !!!

I spent nearly two hours today trying to get this to work.  You will NEVER get the carplay and android Auto to work unless you unplug the little sat nav box which sits behind the unit. (see photo). This applies to the units with the sat nav function.  Once you unplug this, when you use the usb socket in the car and plug your phone in, android Auto and carplay are they.  Works a treat.....finally.

16086498634865186520876719069491.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links