Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo (2015) infotainment upgrade Android Auto and Apple Carplay

remon1496

Hello,

I have a new headunit (86140-YV020) where do I download the firmeware updates from?

T.I.A

Tony

On 12/22/2020 at 7:29 PM, BobbyMcLeish said:

Can someone tell me where this cable is for? I don't have this cable in my Aygo (x-fun aygo). 

aygodashboard.jpg

is it the 8 pin connector ? If so its for the rear camera its just plug and play

ps. I also see you only have front Speakers

I’ve just fitted the new headunit (86140-YV020) in my Aygo as well however the touch to speak button doesn’t work (can’t hear me) but I can still speak over bluetooth calls. Does anyone know why this might be?

16 hours ago, flash22 said:

is it the 8 pin connector ? If so its for the rear camera its just plug and play

ps. I also see you only have front speakers

Thanks flash22 for the fast reply. I don't have a rear-camera (so I hope the cable is for the rear-camera). If I place a multimedia system I don't want to lose functionalities. 

29 minutes ago, Sjbla said:

I’ve just fitted the new headunit (86140-YV020) in my Aygo as well however the touch to speak button doesn’t work (can’t hear me) but I can still speak over Bluetooth calls. Does anyone know why this might be?

This is actualy where I'm afraid of. I have a Aygo x-fun and want to place a multimediasystem. I hope someone here has an answer for you.

On 1/21/2021 at 5:41 PM, twebb8 said:

Hello,

I have a new headunit (86140-YV020) where do I download the firmeware updates from?

T.I.A

Tony

I found this in the aygo-manual. Here is a link: http://stream.toyota-motor-europe.com/aftersales/NAVI/MM/Aygo/XTOUCH+RC1+software+update.zip I don't know of this is the lastest version and of this is for the 86140-YV020 version. Please read the manual first.

AVGKEUZE_2019-10-01_08-37-18.png

My daughter hasn't bothered with that function, but I rember reading that you have to specifically pair your phone properly for that to work. If you search the forum, I'm certain someone posted the full user manual 

• 3 months later...

Hello

I am very confused....does the 86140-0Y070 unit support Apple Carplay ? It only looks like it has 2 buttons but I read that all 2019 models onwards support CP ?

Confused.com

If the headunit doesn't have the three buttons, it won't have CP or AA.

• Like 1

Is 86140-0Y070 the correct number as it comes up as not found  - 86140-0H070 is the standard touch screen (no AC/AA) there is also 19 onwards 86140-0H071

Specs depend on your location and the car's specification, it may have been an option when new

22 hours ago, Whizzkid said:

Hello

I am very confused....does the 86140-0Y070 unit support Apple Carplay ? It only looks like it has 2 buttons but I read that all 2019 models onwards support CP ?

Confused.com

When the facelifted Aygo was introduced in the UK in 2018, there were two multimedia units - a two button unit without smartphone integration fitted to the lower specs, and a three button unit with smartphone integration (basically Apple Carplay & Android Auto) fitted to the higher specs.

The Aygo range was revised last year(?) and as far as I'm aware, they come with the three button unit as standard now. 

Your profile doesn't state whether you are in the UK, so, if outside the UK, specifications may be different.

As of DEC 19 it was standard on the whole range excluding the Base x model and all 3 door Cars - so if the 3 door cars didn't get AA/AC they must have the standard X-Touch (Aygo X gets the Standard cd/radio with 2 speakers)

Jan 19

1345396761_aygojan19MM.thumb.jpg.fa67732a82b19bd62fbe5237745cf719.jpg

Dec 19 - *AA/AC Not available on 3 door

1834248739_aygoDec2019MM.thumb.jpg.0c323006a92ac2e3de276bf67c08ab1c.jpg

April 20 *AA/AC Not available on 3 door

572688342_aygoapr20MM.thumb.jpg.f706a69971854df1a43ee0ff2feea4f9.jpg

image.png

2019 onwards x-touch 86140-0H071

eg. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154413635651?epid=24039762092&hash=item23f3c51843:g:7HwAAOSw~Ktgdf1a

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am looking for this connector, does anyone know where I can buy this connector or possibly a complete dab antenna? 

Screenshot_20210517_100444.jpg

34 minutes ago, kachel said:

Hello, I am looking for this connector, does anyone know where I can buy this connector or possibly a complete dab antenna?

Screenshot_20210517_100444.jpg

Did your Aygo come with DAB? If not, then the DAB antenna probably won't be fitted at the factory.

You have 2 options either fit a good aftermarket DAB aerial or change the factory fitted one to one with DAB

The DAB connector is Toyota specific, but a standard SMB will fit

eg.Connects2 CT27UV62

I don't think this is going to work, it's a different connection on the radio. 

IMG_20210517_120720.jpg

My mistake i forgot it was the square pin type

i will have a look

what is the part number on the radio ? 86140-

Its another specific plug it Looks like a JAE connector it's the wrong pattern to be a GT5 - I'm unable to find an off the shelf adapter

otherwise, you will have to swap the aerial and wiring

eg.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124478796099?hash=item1cfb83b143:g:3n0AAOSwmU5f0O0m

• 5 months later...
On 12/22/2020 at 5:08 PM, BobbyMcLeish said:

It may be worth taking out the navigation maps SD card which is in the glovebox, this may be confusing the replacement headunit, however, based on what's been said, this function should not work with the replacement headunit !!!

I spent nearly two hours today trying to get this to work.  You will NEVER get the carplay and android Auto to work unless you unplug the little sat nav box which sits behind the unit. (see photo). This applies to the units with the sat nav function.  Once you unplug this, when you use the usb socket in the car and plug your phone in, android Auto and carplay are they.  Works a treat.....finally.

16086498634865186520876719069491.jpg

Hi,

im trying to install the head unit in my car. Everything is working except the Apple carplay and android auto. I’ve tried unplugging the cable for the sat nav box and indeed it will show the Apple car play options in the settings. However, my USB port is not working anymore. When I try plugging the cable from the sat nav box back in, the USB port works again. Can you tell me what I’m doing wrong??

huge thanks 

The 3 button head unit with Apple Carp!ay/Android Auto isn't compatible with the X-nav sat nav module - and Toyota discontinued the X-nav module.

1 minute ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The 3 button head unit with Apple Carp!ay/Android,Auto isn't compatible with the X-nav sat nav module. You either have one (AC/AA) or the other (X-nav).

Ok,

I have the 3 button version. But I don’t need the x-nav functionality. I just want to use Apple carplay. But when I disconnect the sat nav box, my USB port doesn’t work anymore but the 3 button CarPlay unit does now show the CarPlay settings.

23 minutes ago, mildg said:

Hi,

im trying to install the head unit in my car. Everything is working except the apple carplay and android auto. I’ve tried unplugging the cable for the sat nav box and indeed it will show the apple car play options in the settings. However, my USB port is not working anymore. When I try plugging the cable from the sat nav box back in, the USB port works again. Can you tell me what I’m doing wrong??

huge thanks 

X-nav when fitted handles the USB , use THESE to remove x-nav from the system

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

X-nav when fitted handles the USB , use THESE to remove x-nav from the system

Thanks,

Do you think if i remove cable "D", it will work? Because the USB cable is still plugged in.

Schermafbeelding 2021-10-23 om 23.20.01.png