Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo (2015) infotainment upgrade Android Auto and Apple Carplay

remon1496

18 hours ago, flash22 said:

8.14 was released 09/2021

i will see if i can locate it

Hello
How to know the evolutions of updates of firmwares what these updates improve and especially where to recover them?
Thanks
Good day to you

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125119040297

note the double barrelled plug

then you just need the connecting cable 86101-0H090

edit, i have the 8.12 update if required

It may be worth checking behind the radio to see if there is a dab plug taped to the wiring loom

• 1 month later...

If I buy the newer screen with Apple CarPlay, will my reversing camera work on that?

11 hours ago, MortenDK said:

If I buy the newer screen with Apple CarPlay, will my reversing camera work on that?

If you have the older 2 button unit and the reversing camera works on that, then the reversing camera will work on the newer 3 button (CarPlay & AndroidAuto compatible) unit.

Perfect, thanks👍🏻
That was my biggest concern.
Found a YV010 for 200£, so getting that installed tomorrow.

Again thank you🙂

Morning,

first of all excuse my English (I'm Italian). I have the new CarPlay/Android Auto 86140-YV020 but I don't have rear camera on my car.

Do you know a solution to be able to connect an aftermarket rear view camera on my new radio?

I found in internet the adapter in photo but this works on old Xtouch only.

Thanks in advance

Connection diagram.JPG

It uses the same plug, under the skin it's the same radio but with a different front, firmware and some minor changes to the electronics

• Like 1

Really? So it will be wonderful because I contacted the cable manufacturer and they assured me that this adapter will not work on the new radio. Do you know if anyone has already tried this adapter with the new radio?

The Xtouch and Tripleplay are both made by pioneer its a plug and play swap - the factory fitted cameras are the same 18-21

the aftermaket make these leads but do not actually list every fitment or every year

have a look behhind the radio the car may be pre wired for the factory camera (you may find it taped to the loom)

• Like 1

Ok thank you so much,

as soon as possible I will look under the bumper if the wiring is present. I have another question, if the wiring was present and I connect an original rear view camera, then when I engage the reverse gear how does the radio understand that it has to switch to view the rear view camera?
Thanks again.

I thought the radio sees a reverse signal, but my radio doesn't switch now, does the signal get it from the camera when I plug it in?

If you check the aftermarket cable you can see the camera is always on when you turn key on ACC and the only signal in the radio (through the adapter) is the video. So I'm a little bit confused understanding how radio knows change screen.

it only switches when it detects the camera (signal detection)

reverse signal - radio - powers camera - video signal back to radio - radio changes to rear view

• Like 1

You have been very kind, thank you, I'll try to check if my car has the rear camera connection first. If yes I'll try to connect an original rear view camera to check if everything works fine. If I don't have the rear camera cable I'll buy the camera cable connector adaptor posted above and I'll try it with an aftermarket camera. I will update you on the results.

If it's any help, I fitted a reverse camera to our similar Peugeot 108 few years ago using the car solutions adapter ok ours is 2 button touchscreen. When wiring it in I did notice what looked like a probable camera plug/cable behind the bumper. Wasn't too fussed cos I didn't want cut rear bumper etc or buy special bumper parts, at the time a 2nd hand genuine toyota camera was about £60, bit cheaper now, but I got a 3rd party camera fitted into replacement number plate light holder, car solutions adapter and some extra wiring for about £35 and it all fitted very neatly, one slight problem was getting the number plate bulb holder to fit correctly, but bit of filing and got it to fit. 

Thank you,
yes it's help me a lot because, after all the information I have learned thanks to the forum and to you, I am almost sure that I already have the rear camera wiring. Where did you find the cable? Do I have to remove the rear bumper or can I check it in another way?

When I fitted our rear camera I didn't have to remove the rear bumper, iirc you can see the rear wiring from under rear of car, behind rear bumper is metal structure and wiring attached to that. I didn't have to remove the rear bumper cos I was using a replacement number plate light camera and I got fairly small hands, suspect if you use OEM camera then it a bumper off job. 

• Like 1

News,

I raised the car on a lift  look under the car, behind the bumper, but only found the two license plate light connectors. Maybe the rear-view camera connector  really there isn't in my car.
This is strange because my seller compared my car cable code with the my friend car cable code with original rear-view camera and they have the exact same code. For this reason I thought the connector was present on my car. At this point I have to opt for plan B that is to buy the 8 pin adapter for the aftermarket camera hoping that it will work in the new version with carplay / android auto.

Connection diagram.JPG

Have a look behind the radio the wiring/plug it usually taped up out of the way when not used, 2021 is end of production for the triplets so you get a lot of odd part on these cars aka a part's bin special

As flash says worth pulling the radio to see if you have wiring plug for camera at that end, It was on our early 2014 108, I just unplugged it, plugged in the car solutions adapter to radio/touchscreen and then plugged OEM cable into other end of the car solutions adapter.

Just so you know beauty of these cars is most the trim pieces use rubberised clips so just pull off, pull of the gloss black surround and then remove 2 screws on top of radio/touchscreen and then the radio/ touchscren just pulls out. It does need quite a firm pull to get out compared to the trim pieces, but it does come out.

First of all thank you all for the answers, I already pulling my radio and behind it there are only two free connectors. I also pulled the radio of my colleague's car (which has the same radio and rear view camera) and it has exactly the same situation as me and, that is, only the two connectors not connected like the attached photo. From internet searches the camera should be wired into the 28-pin connector (see photo). At this point I imagine that the only solution is to buy the adapter that I posted days ago hoping it will work. I can't find the adapter in Italy but I only found it in England so I'll order it there.

I found it to this website in UK:

https://incartec.co.uk/product/Add-camera-OEM-Aygo-Citroen-C1-Peugeot-108-X-Touch-X-Nav-monitor-8-pin-connector-27-226

In the compatibility list I read Peugeot 108 form 2014 to 2021 but the picture show the 2 button radio. I contact costumer services for explanation and is answer: 

Hi,

We think that this should work with the later 3 button units, the basic design of the radio doesn’t seem to have changed , but can’t 100% confirm this as we haven’t had the chance to try it ourselves yet.

Thanks,

Rearview.jpg

If it's any help I got my adapter from here :-

https://car-solutions.com/en/car-camera-connection-cable-to-toyota-aygo-peugeot-108-citroen-c1/

That is odd that what I expected to be camera connection is not used, hopefully that connection for the above adapter is live for camera as you say the only way to find out is buy the adapter and give it a try. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links