Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo (2015) infotainment upgrade Android Auto and Apple Carplay

remon1496

i will have to double-check they may have moved it but kept the legacy 8 pin (what still works) on the 2020-2021 models - the 28 pin does have an A/V in there could have been a firmware change to make this in the reverse camera input

only way to tell is by looking at the pinout on the plug in car, Post a pic of your plug

I'll again remove the radio for taking  pictures to all the connectors behind radio when the 8-pin adapter cable arrive so I can check if it works. Yesterday I went into the hidden menu and checked that when I put the reverse gear on the radio the signal arrives (see attached video). Do you know how ca I get the pinout of Triple Touch radio? 

Good morning everyone,
I just now noticed that the video did not load correctly. I also add the photo of the connectors of my car and the link where I bought the adapter for the rear view camera. 

I'll update you when I have new news.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B01LY5SLM6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cablaggio.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, the adapter cable for the rear view camera has finally delibered from Amazon. As Flash thought it is perfectly compatible with the new CarPlay triple touch radio.  So anyone who needs to make the same change can do it safely because it works perfectly.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2022 at 1:15 PM, Umberto70 said:

I'll again remove the radio for taking  pictures to all the connectors behind radio when the 8-pin adapter cable arrive so I can check if it works. Yesterday I went into the hidden menu and checked that when I put the reverse gear on the radio the signal arrives (see attached video). Do you know how ca I get the pinout of Triple Touch radio? 

Can I ask how do you get into the hidden menu ?

Thanks for any help.

Mk2 Aygo hidden service menu

Turn the ignition on - Press and hold the bottom physical button, Turn the headlights on and off 3 times

If you have X-touch (2 button, no CarPlay:

1. Turn key in acc position

2. Power on the radio

3. Press and hold the botton in the right side under power botton

4. Power on and power off light for 3 times or more until the hidden menu appare.

If you have the new triple touch ( 3 bottons and CarPlay) use the same procedure but press the botton in the right side.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Umberto70 said:

If you have X-touch (2 button, no CarPlay:

1. Turn key in acc position

2. Power on the radio

3. Press and hold the botton in the right side under power botton

4. Power on and power off light for 3 times or more until the hidden menu appare.

If you have the new triple touch ( 3 bottons and CarPlay) use the same procedure but press the botton in the right side.

Perfect ....it worked 

Thank you.

On 2/11/2022 at 1:02 PM, Roger75 said:

On AliExpress I saw this is it compatible for the DAB socket ?

Plug 1

and

Plug 2

With an antenna of this type stuck under the dashboard it can work according to you?
Thanks

Antenna 1

or

Antenna 2

Hi, did you or anyone manage to resolve the DAB connector issue ? 

Its the only thing I've not managed to get working on my 3 button head unit. YV020.

Thanks for any help.

The connector its self is a Hirose (HRS) GT5-1S-HU(C), you can use the standard GT5-1S and trim off  locating tab (key) it will still line up and lock in place

The 4 different types

Standard is gray, Type C is blue (as used on the tripleplay)

1735616462_HRSgt51S.thumb.jpg.26aacc4bb4e11b2c5df4cc85bb9038d9.jpg1795283315_HRSGT5PCB.thumb.jpg.d8bca818f10c323d308ae76c5300f132.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've just swapped my headunit from the basic one (with a monochrome display) to the latest one including carplay in my 3 doors. Everything is working  great so far. 🙂

I got a couple of questions regarding the wiring of additional stuff:
Most likely there will be a lose connector behind my rear bumper for a camera. Does anyone know which cable I should get when connecting the current cable to my camera. Do I even need an extra cable or can i connect the cable directly with the camera?

Also trying to make DAB work. My unit came with an extra (original) cable, but no antenne. So trying to find a solutions which wouldn't be visible in/on my window. Any experience regarding a 'stealth' one besides replacing my current antenne?

@flash22 In a precious post you mentioned seeing only 2 speaker output on the radio cable. Could you explain how? I would love to add some extra Speakers on my 3 doors...

Camera - if never had one, it will not have the wiring

Speakers, the connectors are known as a 10+6, if 4 wires are missing from the 6 pin this means you have no rear Speakers

Radio2.thumb.jpg.5458ca8db9b640325e704edcaca9f79a.jpg

DAB - what cable did it come with the used radio ? The cleanest way to do it is to fit the factory wiring, base and aerial

can you post a pic of the plugs you have in the car for the radio

Hi Flash,

Thank you for your fast reply.

Camera: I've bought the car second hand, so not sure if it was ever attached. However I got a loose plug (circled in red) which weren't connected to the old radio, now it is. Is there some way to be sure?

Speakers: I have to check if those are missing are available. I don't think so because of the 3 doors. If not; Where would be the end of those wires?

DAB: It came with the connectors circled in green. See the second photo for the cable. I'm pretty sure I need a new antenne including the wiring towards the plug.

1.png

2.png

Hi,

the plug circled in red it's just the camera connector (it's an 8 pin).  With that cable you can only connect the original camera.

If you want to use a 12v aftermarket camera you need an 8 pin adapter cable instead the circled in red. I asked Peugeot that the original camera costs 450 € !!

If you need, check the 8 pin rearcam plug pinout. Sorry for the handmade drawing.

NB: use the last 2 pin only for 6v camera. 

748A4BA5-2D73-4FB7-BDA2-1BD4355FF1BA.jpeg

59577AC1-5195-472A-A642-D105EE186868.jpeg

Great, I only would like the original came. I can get it for around 70-80 euro's and it should be plug and play.

Great, it's plug and play but you should make a small hole in the bumper next to the license plate light.

Shouldn't be a problem since the bumper is plastic. Cannot find any detail foto's regarding the mounting the camera. Think I also might need a bolt.

Try to help you with the attached photos on where to drill the bumper to install the original camera.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Thanks, looks like an easy install. I'll take a look if the cable is beneath my bumper in my lunch and order the camera. :-)

@SjaakDeBeer every thing is there 8 pin plug is for the camera and the blue plug is for DAB, have a look/feel to see if the other speaker connector is there

your car had the x-nav (x-touch with navigation at some point) do you have the SD card slot in the glovebox ?

You do not need that extra aerial cable, but it's worth 20-25 euro, if you have the x-nav module you will get 100-150 euros for it (not compatible with the tripleplay - carplay/android auto)

Further, detailed look at your pic, you have the x-nav ideally you need to remove this the wiring has been tucked down the back

USB - you will need to unplug the usb cable from the module (top left, marked - AvMap) to plug it into your new radio

Unplug the USB (yellow) and plug it into the new radio

1403727812_x-navusb.thumb.jpg.ccd3975e9e08d07ab0364de24bd4d51d.jpg

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/7d4fd514-dfd2-4d68-a5fd-9ffbd2a2f909/Aygo_X_NAV_LHD_PZ41C_90331_00_AIM_003_762_1.pdf

The first pic isn't mine. I've got it from the second page of this thread and highlighted my cables. 

My car, when I've bought it, came with the default factory radio. The one without the color screen. I've bought the new one, with carplay and found out I got an extra cable, which was detached, for the backup camera.

Also there's an unused cable behind my rear bumper, so a factory camera should be plug and play. 

My arial should be the default AM/FM one, so I'm looking for the DAB version including the connection cable from antenna to de headunit minus the small cable from antenna (analog and blue connector) to the wiring of the antenne. 

Edit: I've just purchased the original backup camera for 92 euro. I'll let you know if the install wil be successful. Only thing I need to figure out is how the camera should be mounted..

ok - the aerial cable you have is the hardest one to get hold of

what country are you in ? LHD car i take it ??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links