Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo (2015) infotainment upgrade Android Auto and Apple Carplay

remon1496

Ah, cool. I’m from the Netherlands. What’s a LHD car?

Thanks for the eBay link. I’ve just bought it. 🙂

LHD - Left Hand Drive

i can dig up a diagram for the aerial if required

edit. You do not have to remove the dash, it makes it a bit more fiddly that's all

kgb40 aerial_compressed.pdf

Thanks, that’s really useful. I was wondering where the cable from the head unit towards the antenne went. By any chance, is the cable compatible with the analog antenna? If so, I’m installing the cable and camera tomorrow. 

Not 100% sure, check the plug on the A pillar iirc the fm uses a single plug and the fm/dab uses a double barrel, this may have changed from year to year, also being the Pug version may have some variation

like i previously posted

Ok, I've removed the rear bumper and found out I don't have the cable for the original camera. At least, not behind the rear bumper. 

The strange thing is, I do have the camera plug behind my stereo. Is it tugged in somewhere in the booth?

So my options for a camera:
1. Take a better look for the rear end of the cable. It can be tugged in somewhere. 
2. Buy an adapter so i can attach an aftermarket camera. 
3. Make a new cable from my head unit to the original cam. Only need to find out how to connect the cable to the camera. Is it a default plug?

We have a Peugeot 108 and I fitted an aftermarket camera few years ago, looking behind the bumper is a metal structure/panel and the rear end wiring is behind that. When doing ours I used aftermarket camera and leads, but while wiring ours in I saw what looked like a stock camera cable/plug attached to rear end/number plate wiring. Crawl under the rear end and look up behind the metal panel and you should see it. 

I went aftermarket route for camera and lead, cos pukka 2nd hand cameras were then £60-£70 and I didn't want drill holes in rear bumper, plus I got adapter lead, camera+wiring etc for about £35 so another plus.

I found a rear view camera as part of a replacement number plate light so fitted that thus no drilling holes in rear bumper required.

I don’t think the cable is tugged in someware in the booth because it is located together with the two license plate light’s cable.

1. I think you can’t find it

2. Maybe  the best way 

3. It seems that this cable is part of the car wiring harness and cannot be sold separately. 
NB: I think  the plug you rear radio isn’t camera plug but navigator predisposition.

how many wires do you have on that 8 pin plug ?

So I’ve taken a look and I’m sure I do not have the wiring for the camera. I’ll purchase an aftermarket one (the license plate bulb) from AliExpress and send the purchased one back. 

Currently I can’t see the 8 pin, I’ll take a look tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, SjaakDeBeer said:

So I’ve taken a look and I’m sure I do not have the wiring for the camera. I’ll purchase an aftermarket one (the license plate bulb) from AliExpress and send the purchased one back. 

Currently I can’t see the 8 pin, I’ll take a look tomorrow. 

Just so you know, if you get aftermarket camera built into number plate light, you may have to file out the bulb holder notches in new number plate/camera light to make the bulb holder fit. Not a big issue and easy to do, but odd problem considering the new number plate camera/light fitted in bumper perfectly and other than that it was plug n play. 

I just bought the adapter as seen on https://car-solutions.com/en/car-camera-connection-cable-to-toyota-aygo-peugeot-108-citroen-c1/. Just wondering: How does the head unit knows how to turn on? Is it activated whenever the unit detects input? So I've I'm using a 12 v camera, I only need to connect the camera through an input towards the unit and power trough the backup light?

Exactly, you just need  connect the rer camera to the radio via the video cable (yellow) and power the camera with the reversing light.

After connecting the cable adapter, the radio automatically turn video in rearview mode.

Should be an easy install. I’ve seen two versions of the reverse camera. With and without a regulator. Which one did you bought and why?

Also need to add some wires for a second pair of Speakers. Does anyone knows the pin layout?

I don’t know what you mean with regulator. The only important thing is, the car camera solution only accepted NTSC camera.

can you link the 2 camera model?

Ah ok I understand now. I have camera with no regulator and it works fine. Same radios  need +12v in to switch in reverse mode and, if you have less then +12v the radio don’t switch. When you connect the car camera solution adaptor in the 8 pin back the radio and don’t connect any rear cam, the radio however switchs  in black screen while you engage reverse gear. It means that not need camera signal ti switch.
I hope I have explained well with my very bad English :-).

Hi Umberto, it’s perfectly clear. Thank you for your explanation. I just ordered the reversing light cam. It might take a while before I’ll get it.

To add a second pair of Speakers I’m thinking to buy an adapter for a parrot kit. That way I don’t need to cut in the original wiring. Anyone done something simila?

Unfortunately I can't help you on this, I hope someone else can help you.

1 hour ago, SjaakDeBeer said:

Hi Umberto, it’s perfectly clear. Thank you for your explanation. I just ordered the reversing light cam. It might take a while before I’ll get it.

To add a second pair of speakers I’m thinking to buy an adapter for a parrot kit. That way I don’t need to cut in the original wiring. Anyone done something simila?

Hi,I've done the head unit/ DAB and  camera mod too...I'd stick with the original OEM camera as it's just plug and play ...no extra wiring required.

If the camera plug is behind the radio then the other end 'will' be in the bumper somewhere as it a standard wiring loom.

You should also find the mount for the camera which is moulded to the bumper...you just need a bolt.

You should also seen outline of the hole on the bumper on the inside beside the mount where the hole is to be cut. This is easy to do as the bumper plastic  is like butter ..lol

I’ve removed the bumper and took a better look at the wiring. The camera wire isn’t there. Also removed some trim in de boot just to be sure I didn’t miss anything. Maybe it’s because I got the 3 doors, also my 108 is from 2017.

8 minutes ago, SjaakDeBeer said:

I’ve removed the bumper and took a better look at the wiring. The camera wire isn’t there. Also removed some trim in de boot just to be sure I didn’t miss anything. Maybe it’s because I got the 3 doors, also my 108 is from 2017.

That's odd ....if the camera connector is wired behind the radio....then the other end of wires must go somewhere.

1 hour ago, Techfreak said:

That's odd ....if the camera connector is wired behind the radio....then the other end of wires must go somewhere.

its not the op's picture !! they dont have the 8 pin

@SjaakDeBeer there are 2 types of lead,

Retention lead - this lead allows you to use the factory camera with an aftermarket radio, these have a 6v regulator as the factory camera is 5-7v

Addition lead - this lets you add an aftermarket camera to the factory radio

tbh these cameras built in to the light a not great, they have zero adjustment

7 minutes ago, flash22 said:

its not the op's picture !! they dont have the 8 pin

@SjaakDeBeer there are 2 types of lead,

Retention lead - this lead allows you to use the factory camera with an aftermarket radio, these have a 6v regulator as the factory camera is 5-7v

Addition lead - this lets you add an aftermarket camera to the factory radio

tbh these cameras built in to the light a not great, they have zero adjustment

Aha ok. Didn't realise the photo wasn't his car.

Thanks for sorting out my DAB connector issue...bought the parts and it works great. Thanks.

For info ...for anyone else.... I also had to retrofit the Microphone in the Rooflight to get voice command to work for Google and Android Auto. The wiring was in the connector for the radio in the dash but couldn't trace where it went so just bought the OEM Microphone off eBay and wired it to the connectors wires. Works great !

• Like 1

@flash22 I know the camera isn’t great however a factory one isn’t an option due to the missing cable. Who needs a camera for such a small car? I got the head unit and the option for a camera so I’m going to want it just because. My main car (Ford S Max) is a huge car and don’t have any camera only the frond and rear parking sensors and I could do without. 

I do have the 8 pin but I presume there aren’t 8 wires connected. Maybe for a navigation option? I’ll have a closer look as soon as I got some parts delivered. 

Not all 8 pins are used, the camera only uses 4, it's more than likely has the 8 pin plug in the dash wiring loom down to the connector in the foot well but it's not in the body loom that runs to the back

as above, you also need to add the microphone, it may be pre-wired just have a look for the plug above the interior light