Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo (2015) infotainment upgrade Android Auto and Apple Carplay

remon1496

The old factory radio, that has been replaced, has bluetooth and a microphone. I’ve already replaced it with the CarPlay unit and I’m able to make a call.

For the ones interested: I’ve bought the factory speed limiter and connected it. It works perfectly. It’s plug and play. Also replaced the steering wheel with a leather one but it has been slightly damaged. I’ve ordered a new one. 

I’ve bought the following Toyota connector to create a male to female adapter so i don’t need to slice into the factory wiring and I’ll be able to connect a second pair of Speakers. After connecting and testing I’ll decide if the audio needs improving by adding a subwoofer. First I’ll connect bookshelf Speakers and if the sound is good I’ll experiment with position of the Speakers. Maybe making a fake floor in the trunk and add my speakers in the fake floor. Any tips?

45FA0DE3-F179-47E7-ACB4-4DC7620856EC.png

23 minutes ago, SjaakDeBeer said:

I’ve bought the following Toyota connector to create a male to female adapter so i don’t need to slice into the factory wiring and I’ll be able to connect a second pair of speakers. After connecting and testing I’ll decide if the audio needs improving by adding a subwoofer. First I’ll connect bookshelf speakers and if the sound is good I’ll experiment with position of the speakers. Maybe making a fake floor in the trunk and interstate my speakers in the fake floor. Any tips?

45FA0DE3-F179-47E7-ACB4-4DC7620856EC.png

Where did you buy the Rear Speakers Connector from ? Thanks. 

Great solutions. I’ve bought the original antenna and my unit came with the right connection cable to fit the dan antenna. However I’m not keen on removing my roof to fit the antenna. Think I’ll purchase the same one as you got. 

Is the adapter plug and play or did you need to cut some?

24 minutes ago, SjaakDeBeer said:

Great solutions. I’ve bought the original antenna and my unit came with the right connection cable to fit the dan antenna. However I’m not keen on removing my roof to fit the antenna. Think I’ll purchase the same one as you got. 

Is the adapter plug and play or did you need to cut some?

DAB Antenna is plug and play. Only mod you do is cut a tiny bit of plastic (keying) off the mating connector that goes to the back of the radio. As per Flash22's previous post. After that it took me 2 mins to install it. 

When listening to a radio station on dab (and that one has a fm frequentie) does it turn seamlessly to fm whenever the dab reception is unavailable?

I don't think any radio in any vehicle changes from DAB to FM when the signal is poor.

For work I drove a Nissan Qashqai 2020. The radio seamlessly switched from Dab to FM whenever the Dab connection wasn’t available…

Are you sure ? It may have Auto Frequency (AF) like every other vehicle. But I don't see how it can switch from Analog to Digital... and know what Radio station you were listening to....maybe just coincidence that it went to the FM station. My new BMW 740 doesn't even do that ...maybe I should complain. 😁

Either way it's definitely worth putting the DAB Antenna in the car as it's super easy and cheap to do.

46 minutes ago, Techfreak said:

Are you sure ? It may have Auto Frequency (AF) like every other vehicle. But I don't see how it can switch from Analog to Digital... and know what Radio station you were listening to....maybe just coincidence that it went to the FM station. My new BMW 740 doesn't even do that ...maybe I should complain. 😁

Either way it's definitely worth putting the DAB Antenna in the car as it's super easy and cheap to do.

The trucks at my work change between DAB and FM when reception changes.  I also see there’s a setting in my C-HR radio brochure under DAB settings which says it's DAB/FM alternative frequency function, and "a station providing good reception is automatically selected if current reception worsens".  Haven’t had the car long enough to notice whether it changes or not tho.

@Techfreak Yes, I’m sure. 

I’ve already bought the original antenne. So it would be cheaper to install the original one. However the installation might take some more time 😉

15 minutes ago, SjaakDeBeer said:

@Techfreak Yes, I’m sure. 

I’ve already bought the original antenne. So it would be cheaper to install the original one. However the installation might take some more time 😉

Your right....it does switch between DAB and FM .....but only if the signal is 'really' poor. 😁

I like gadgets...so I also bought this ...as the car doesn't have a Rev Counter. (I didn't like the original OEM cluster one)

Its plug and play.

It just plugs into the OBD2 connector under the steering wheel...so gives loads of other info too from the OBD2 Bus.

It turns off with the ignition key also.

Its not arrived yet but will let you know if it's any good.

eBay link :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373732734424?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=8wlzglkrtbw&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=0v63jnXjRZa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Screenshot_2022-05-10-06-08-59-870_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

My car also didn't have a rev counter , I just bought a new instrument panel on eBay.  It is plug and play and works perfectly ..

I also thought about replacing the instrument panel but when replacing the panel you lose your total mileages  right? It displays the mileages of the replaced unit?

The aftermarket one isn’t for me since I would like the factory look. 

Yes, unfortunately if you replace the instrument panel then you will see the kilometers of the new panel.  But you have two options, reprogramming  the eprom with real kilometers in a service center or, as I did, look for an instrument panel with similar mileage like yours.  I assure you can find many pd it, most of all on eBay (both Peugeot 108, Toyota Aygo, Citroen C1 are good) but also on subito.it (I don't know if you have it in Great Britain too).

13 hours ago, SjaakDeBeer said:

For work I drove a Nissan Qashqai 2020. The radio seamlessly switched from Dab to FM whenever the Dab connection wasn’t available…

Same here with both the Alpine radio I fitted to my previous C1, and also my previous Skoda Octavia - both had an option to switch to FM when there was no DAB (assuming the station being listened to was on FM also!).

I'm sure the tripleplay does dab/FM switching, the touch2 does in the yaris and many other Toyota's - there maybe a hidden checkbox somewhere to enable it

7 hours ago, flash22 said:

I'm sure the tripleplay does dab/FM switching, the touch2 does in the yaris and many other Toyota's - there maybe a hidden checkbox somewhere to enable it

It does switch from DAB to FM and tries to maintain the Radio Station ...it's on Page 9 of the user manual for the tripleplay.

It also switches back to DAB once the signal improves.

You need to select the 'DAB Alternative. Frequency' setting below.....

IMG_20220510_182634.thumb.jpg.08706a20b359ef47b51c2e22a3072f15.jpg

• Like 1

Does anyone have a guide or tips to remove the interieur roof (not sure what’s it called in English) so I can change the antenna? 

11 minutes ago, SjaakDeBeer said:

interieur roof (not sure what’s it called in English)

Roof lining

You shouldn't need to drop the whole thing, it's common sense

Remove the A pillar trims

Remove the sun visors (both sides)

Remove the interior light

Peel back/remove the door rubber at the top on both sides

that should give you enough room to get in there to un clip the loom once out, match it up with the new one and make sure the clips are in the correct place as there may be some variation between LHD and RHD