Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo (2015) infotainment upgrade Android Auto and Apple Carplay

remon1496

Thanks, my antenna will arrive tomorrow so I can take the roof lining off by Sunday. First second part, adding dab to new head unit, will start soon 🙂

Does swapping the head unit invalidate the 10 year Toyota Warranty?

It's not covered after 5 years - it may even be 3 years, dealer will not notice it tbh - in your case it's out of the main warranty period or just inside the first 5 years, anything after that is covered under the newer Toyota Relax warranty

https://www.toyota.co.uk/content/dam/toyota/nmsc/united-kingdom/used-cars/Toyota Relax TCs - 25.05.21.pdf

Types of parts and components not covered by Toyota Relax includes, but are not limited to:

e) Multimedia systems;

Brand-new cars as of 2021 only come with a 3 year/60k mile warranty, years 4-10 are covered under Toyota Relax

With some delay I’ve received my antenna. Not sure when I’ve got time to install it. Also received the reverse cam. Now I’m waiting on a few parts so I can connect the cam and extra Speakers. @flash22thank you for the link for the right antenna. 

Also just received my camera adapter. Just figuring out how to connect it. 

The yellow rca cable, from the camera, came with a red cable. According to the manual the red cable, on the side of the camera, should be connected with the reverse light. The other side of the cable should be connected as a section line. As the backup screen should be showing whenever the adapter is connected, it isn’t necessary to connect both cables. I’m I right?

66CEEB75-D474-4597-933C-9BFF4F0A7D3E.png

Yes you are right,

it isn't necessary to connect both red cables in the this radio.

I just connected the adapter to see if the black screen comes up when put in reverse. It doesn’t show anything. So I guess it won’t work. 

It needs to detect the camera signal

at the radio end, just plug in the camera

at the camera, wire it to ground and the red goes to the reverse light

Oh, I thought it wouldn’t need to detect the camera signal. 

Still waiting on a few parts including the t connectors so I’ll pull the cables, connect as much as possible and continue waiting. 

• Like 1

tee connectors ? If you mean scotch locks don't use them, they are nothing but trouble either solder and heatshrink (tape at a push) or use a crimp/open crimp

I don't know, in my triple touch (see the attached foto for hardware and software release) when I  connected the 8 pin adaptor and engaged the reverse gear the screen automatically switched  in black screen. I know for sure that in the my friend's older radio without CarPlay the system didn't switch to show reverse camera because it needs the rear camera ON before you engage the reverse gear, mine didn't have this problem. Maybe it depends of software version. Have you checked from the hidden menu if when you engage reverse gear the REV item switches from off to on? (see video below).

Triple touch.jpg

Software.jpg

@flash22arent’t the t connectors (scotch lock) kinda the same as using a crimp tool? I don’t own a solder iron and I know they are cheap but not willing to buy one for just one project. What’s the difference in quality comparing to the t connector’s?

@Umberto70i’ve checked the hidden menu. It detects the reverse mode. So most likely the image will come up when I’ve attached the reversing cam and power it. I’m on audio 8.20. Os1 8.10 and os2 on 8.14. So far it works perfectly with CarPlay so not really keen on updating…

with a crimp you strip back the insulation on the cable and crimp it what makes a solid  connection,

scotch locks have their place, but they are an IDC (insulation displacement connector) these have 2 blades in them, they displace the insulation of the wire to make a connection these tend to cut in to the wire over time with movement and vibration they then can work their way through the wire making a bad connection, they also allow moisture to get in causing corrosion issues

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 5:41 PM, flash22 said:

8.14 was released 09/2021

i will see if i can locate it

Hi

Would it be possible to PM me with details of the latest firmware update for the triple play please?

What is your current firmware version ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, flash22 said:

What is your current firmware version ?

Hi

Thanks for replying. This is what the update screen says

5693E3F4-4F11-406D-A338-976F9A709A55.jpeg

I’ve received the last parts so I’ve created a wiring adapter so I don’t need to cut in the original cables. Also pulled all cables for the camera and extra Speakers.

E567DF2C-6365-46AE-B80F-9B568B58A2A4.jpeg

if anyone is interested, I’ve gotten an extra pair of male/female adapters. 

It works! Turn out there are few wires unused. The two wires in the female adapter are blanks.

Does anyone has any guide how to open up the dash? Think I might remove it when fitting the dab cable.

I’ve installed the camera however it won’t turn up. Used the adapter from head unit to rca, rca to rca camera. Positive from cam towards the positive from the reverse light and ground into the chassis (factory ground since there are more ground cables). Think I might need to measure if the camera gets power. 

have you pinned out the plug correctly ?

pin 2 and 6 is the camera

This is the socket view or wire side of the plug

78471513_aygomk28pincam.jpg.5415bf93a1c7abe24c5ab19466cfaac7.jpg

you may also need to ground pin 5

I’ve bought a adapter as seen on https://car-solutions.com/en/car-camera-connection-cable-to-toyota-aygo-peugeot-108-citroen-c1/.

So the pint layout should be good. If understand correctly, the screen should pop up when enabled reverse gear. Even when there’s no camera attached. Mine doesn’t display anything therefore I think the adapter maybe loose (unlikely) or faulty.

there was a factory 8 pin plug available behind the dash, it wasn’t connected with the old mono screen radio. It only has 4 pins, pin 2,6,5,1. 

Try these things:

1. Try turning on the rear view camera before engaging reverse gear,

2. Check if the camera is NTSC standard because PAL mode doesn’t working,

3. Check the video cable (yellow) because mine in the original box was broken.

Of course again excuse my english and, please correct me whenever you want.

1. How can I turn the rear view camera on without reversing? 

2. Camera should be ntsc according to the specifications.

3. Most need to purchase a new cable before testing (and also pull off the rear bumper again)

Ignition on put it in reverse, no need to start the car

check the cable resistance and/or continuity

check for 12v at the reverse light, it may have the bulb holder and wiring but, you may find only one side is powered

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links