Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo (2015) infotainment upgrade Android Auto and Apple Carplay

remon1496

I've received the Pioneer GM-D1004. Just wondering which front Speakers I should buy. Just need to know the following:

• How to wire the amplifier? Cut 12, connect 3 to all Speakers. 4 ground, 5 to car Battery (or current unit, depending on the fuse in the radio) 6 to signal of the head unit? 7 till 12 aren't necessary right?
  • Where to put the amplifier? Behind the glovebox? How to take out the glove box?
  • For now I'm going for the front speakers (back and possible subwoofer will come when my next paycheck arrives). There are a lot of Speakers which only difference is brand as far as I can see. Why go for a Pioneer, Alpine, Crunch or whatever brand set?
  • Need to figure out which items are needed to sound deadening the doors. As far as I know you need multiple layers of several materials. Any suggestions?

pioneer.png

Crunch, edge and vibe are lower end brands, JVC and Sony is mostly junk

no need to cut 12 just use a CT10TY01  then it's plug and play

Sound deadening, a piece around the speaker location and a sheet inside the door (outer skin) 2mm sheet will be fine no need for layer or foam mat

So with the CT10TY01 I don’t need to cut any wires? That should be great. 🙂

Think I’ll go with your suggested pioneer Speakers

Yes it's a SOT (sound on top) lead, it breaks out the oem plugs to ISO, designed for hands-free kits, but it's a good source of connectors

you may have to wire the power in to the adapter, it beats cutting up the car wiring (One of my pet hates)

Great! I’ve ordered the adapter. 

I won’t be cutting any car wiring so I’m pulling a new cable from the Battery. 2.5 mm should be enough for 15A. 

So for improving the sound I need 2 mm silentcoat to apply on both doors (and possible the trunk) and 6 mm noise isolator to be applied behind the speaker. Did I miss anything? By the way, a lot of material is expensive. I found a starters kit for one door for 40 euros. Are there any good brands or alternatives?

I’ve decided to take off the top off the dashboard so I can do some cable management. Might take a few days and the car is driven on a daily basis, So I might need to borrow my mothers car. 

Thank you for the link. So that should be the only thing I need to improve the sound? Might order some extra to apply for the back and boot. Do I need any foam to put between the speaker ring and the door? 

Thanks. I ordered 10 sheets of 5 mm (only one I could found that’s in the area). The sheets need to be applied on the door and behind the speaker, correct? Only thing to order now is the front Speakers. You suggested the pioneer and focal. Both are around the same price. Which one would you suggested? The focal one has a better looking filter for the low and high, but that’s visual. 

It's personal choice tbf, stick with pioneer if you want an all pioneer system

Does anyone knows how to disconnect the passenger airbag? I thought there would be a connector below the glovebox but I cannot seem to find it…

Needless to say, disconnect the Battery before touching the srs system

there is a coiled cable that comes from the airbag to a socket on a metal bracket what is part of the airbag

credit to mandm_786 on eBay

1079153261_aygoairbagpass.thumb.jpg.fee5b8df748b4fd799d0b7c784739aea.jpg

It looks kinda the same connector as the drivers airbag. My top dashboard seems to be loose but still struggling on the passengers point. What I’m I missing? How to remove the glovebox?

The airbag will be bolted down to the metal frame, not sure on the glove box removal, if its anything like the yaris it has pegs on the side, you pop out one side at a time

Thanks, I’ve removed the glove box. Quite simpel actually…

Think I’ve found the bolt for the airbag but my (cheap) set of tools broke, so I have to find another one in my garage. 

Ok. Dash is off and installed the dab antenna. There was a difference in size, most likely because it has been pulled out of a rhd and my car is a lhd, but I made it fit. 🙂 

Currently I’m looking for a hole for the positive from the mini amplifier to the car Battery. Hard to find… Think I’ll fit the amplifier in the glove box so it can be accessed easily. AE99363C-E48A-49AE-A36A-C308D1704181.thumb.jpeg.690eb2efb9011d2ef2111e0faf2accb7.jpeg

I'm planning to order the Pioneer  ts-a1600c. However I'm unable to find a proper installation manual. It must fit without an adapter ring, so that's a plus. How is de crossover connected? Does it get one input from the amplifier and then it goes to the tweeter and to the woofer?

Hmmm... I've just pulled new wiring, so wouldn't be using the oem wiring... Ok, the Focal Auditor RSE-165 it will be and possible adapter rings.

108 is also listened so the Pioneer should fit the Aygo.

Focal one is 60 WP and 120 max while the pioneer is 80 wp and 250 max. It's a huge difference but how does these two compare to each other?

That's because the focal ones are listed as RMS and the pioneers are not, RMS is the true power

Pioneer does list it as 80 RMS, but I think focal will sound a bit more clear compared to the pioneer one. 

just received the (parrot) adaptor between the head unit and amplifier. Should be receiving the Speakers on Saturday so it will be a busy weekend. 🙂

In the documentation, it just states 80w nominal - it doesn't state RMS

Oh! Thanks for clearing that up. 🙂

I’ve connected the adapter and wiring for front right speaker. Currently only the tweeter is connected to see if I got some sound. I do, but very soft. I’ll see if it’s better when the woofer is connected…

I’ve test fitted the woofer and it sounds good. 🙂 

Today I’m planning to reinstall all the trim pieces and tucking the wiring. Adapter rings for the speaker will arrive on monday.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links