Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo (2015) infotainment upgrade Android Auto and Apple Carplay

remon1496

On 5/9/2022 at 3:22 PM, Techfreak said:

I also tried this but it doesn't work for me, found a few radio stations but also often gone, Does anyone have another solution with an indoor antenna for  this DAB radio?

Maybe buy an more expensive antenna to mount on the window? Add an second antenne on the roof?

Who can tell me what a better dab antenna is to mount on the window? 

Try the link below, which has two window mounts listed. 

I've been through the DAB reception issue when I had a Kenwood Unit fitted to my Rav4.  Tried a few window mounts, but finally opted for a £100 sharks fin DAB, which beat the window mounts by miles.

However, just remember that it depends on the area(s) that you live and travel in, so you will NEVER get 100% reception.

Just do a bit of research on Google and pick one that has the best reviews.

https://yourcar.co.uk/best-dab-car-aerial/

Good or cheap, you can only pick one,

how did you plug the dab aerial in ?

Doesn't matter if it's a window mount one or a Sharks Fin roof mount, they all have to plug into the rear of the unit on the dash .

10 minutes ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

Doesn't matter if it's a window mount one or a Sharks Fin roof mount, they all have to plug into the rear of the unit on the dash .

Just asking, to make sure the OP has plugged it in into the correct socket as the (Blue) Dab socket on the back is proprietary, yes i have seen all sorts of weird wiring over the years

28 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Just asking, to make sure the OP has plugged it in into the correct socket as the (Blue) Dab socket on the back is proprietary, yes i have seen all sorts of weird wiring over the years

In the blue socket 

So I’ve installed the fl speaker. There’s a bit of noice coming over the speaker so today I’ll check if it’s connected correctly (positive/negative) also there a ‘plop’ when starting the care. Got something to do with the boot time of the head unit, it takes a few second and the amplifier is booted instant. Should be to much of a problem though….

Well you need to install the Speakers as a set/pair otherwise you can end up with impedance issues, another issue is the amp needs a good earth

I've installed the front left however destroyed the tweeter by connected it with the woofer output. :-( Guess I shouldn't work on my car with kids around to distract me... 

I've ordered a new one and applied the silence coat, pulled a new wire trough the door, installed the woofer and filter. Also I thought I could install the new clock with tachometer but I received a light from a Mazda 323F. So I guess that should be send back and waiting for the right package.

I've just discovered that noise on the Speakers only appears when my iPhone is connected. You still think it could be the earth? I've installed the iso adapter without an extra cable to the Battery. I'm thinking the amplifier isn't receiving enough power since the usb port is connected with the head unit and the head unit delivers power to the amplifier. 

The amp needs its own power feed ideally, fused about 150-200mm from the Battery at most

I’ll test it by attacting the power cable directly towards the Battery. Will 2.5 mm cable do?

If so, and the sound is clear, I need to pull a new wire however previously O was unable to find a hole to pull the cable. 

Hi

Nice meeting you all,new here.

I own Citroen c1 2018 2button version

Bought 86140-yy010 from eBay that will arrive i few dayes i hope 🙂

I saw in this topic , talking about Hidden menu......Whats the hidden menu will show me if i enter it?

Many thanks 

Not really that much. Just some diagnostic info. You can try it out by pressing the right button on a your radio and turn-off your headlights a couple of times.

Toyota-Aygo-x-trend-Electro-Grey-Interior-4-edited-2048x1152.jpeg

thanx a lot ! 

how/ where from i upgrade the headunit software ? 

new software means better functions ? 

F06D6D55-EC42-41FF-8815-FE0B2A5D403B.jpeg

i take it's your old unit, 0850 is the latest on the X-Touch, the update(s) dont add any features, but they do fix a lot of things

86140-YV010 is the non DAB tripleplay unit

Mk2 Aygo hidden service menu

Turn the ignition on - Press and hold the bottom physical button, Turn the headlights on and off 3 times

What does the updates fixes for example? I'm on a pretty old one but I don't experience any problems. 

I've installed a new cockpit for the rev counter, simple plug-and-play. I'm pretty much done with my car, for now...

I'll might pull some new power wire for the amplifier, since there's a bit of noice on it when my phone is plugged in. Since I'll be pulling a new wire cable I might as well pull another one and buy an underseat woofer. But first some other projects. 

Depending on what you have, 810 is the major update, the rest are fixes for playback, USB, bluetooth support and reset issues

Goodmorning, I read all discussion but I need some clarification: I owned a Toyota AYGO 2014. I already have rear camera and I do not have the navigation system (I’m not interested), I found on eBay the 2019 radio system that have the 3 buttons. Can I mount this system in mi car? Is it plug&play? Rear camera will it works? Comand on steering wheel will they works? Touch screen works? I need some code ti unlock new system?

thank you (sorry for my english)

Yes, it "should" work fine 👍

• Like 1

Yes, it will work without a problem. It’s plugg and play. I’ve swapped the entry level radio from my 2017 108 (it’s for 99% the same as the Aygo) and fitted the 3 button radio without a problem. 

• Like 1

Many owners have swapped the 2 button to 3 button and provided they don't have the X-Nav option it's plug'n'play.