Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

toyota extras to full service

biggun

High there,

I have booked my 2017 Avensis 2.0 ltr D4D car in for a full service on Friday.  Toyota advised me to have the engine flushed and fuel treatment done at the same time.   This puts the price of the full service up from £340 to £370 for the full service plus the two extra's.

Has anyone got any views on whether it's worth the extra to have the two jobs done.  The car has only done 8785 miles from new, and I am told the 2.0ltr BMW engine quickly blacks the oil any way.  I would really appreciate any advice either way on this subject .

Thanks again guy's. :bye:

If you believe an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, go ahead. I probably would, if I had the cash to spare.

Not part of Toyota's service schedule, but a dealer option - so it isn't Toyota  giving the advice. I would probably go for the engine flush, and consider using a fuel treatment when filling up every so often. Personal choice really. 

Normally the owners manual actually advises against the use of fuel additives.

There is no need for oil flushing agents on a regularly serviced engine. On a neglected high mileage unit then maybe, but even then its debatable.  At under 10k miles its a complete waste of money.

These extras are a high-margin little earner for the service dept.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think it has been many many years since non detergent oil was used and even oil filters were not used. So that is why engines were flushed, but according to Scotty it can wreck the variable timing but this is not vvt, BMW so..... Though I could be wrong it may make the car run like a Ferrari.

REVvvvvvv up your engines ,scotty says nooooo ,would I put a can of degreaser in my old worn out oil ummmm Nooooooo.watched my neighbour put a tin of forte engine flush in his rustscort mk4 years ago . the bottom end was a knocking within the week but hey it's up to you if you want to listen to the snake oil salesman.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yep, I once made a previously quiet high mileage Peugeot petrol engine really tappety by using oil flush. It still ran OK in terms of performance but never sounded right again after that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links