Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav 4 Infotainment Not Starting

Adrian Lavery

I have a few time driven off only to notice after a few minutes that the infotainment screen Simply displays ‘Starting . . . , ‘ but doesn’t actually start.  Anyone else had this problem?  Normally after switching ignition on and off it works.  Has happened about 4 times in last week.  I have a video off it. 

Hopefully just a software glitch, is this the only issue you've had with your new Rav since collection? 

Yes, everything else is great. Mine has the JBL Speakers so wondering if there is any slight variation in the software. 

My Excel has the JBL/PVM upgrade (assume that's what you have?) - no problems like that with mine (so far!).

Reached 3300 miles today after a 300 mile trip, and lots of short journeys, so no shortage of starts.

My only gripe is that the playlists on my USB stick (which worked fine with Gen 3 & 4 Prius, and several other models) won't work on this system.

Yeah can confirm. Happened once so far. I'm in the Netherlands, also have the JBL system. 

What is the navigation software version?

Press setup then scroll down to Software update.