Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MirrorLink Apps

RWaggers

There's a couple of MirrorLink apps in the Google Play Store that seem to suggest that they will connect my phone (Samsung Galaxy S9) to my 2016 Gen 4 Business Edition Plus.

'Full Mirror for MirrorLink' is one of them and 'Full MirrorLink | Floating Apps for Auto' is another.

Has anyone tried either of these and, if so, were they successful?

TIA

I did a bit of looking around last year about this, and didn't find much useful info. I have an iPhone but was hoping to be able to buy a cheap Android phone to leave in the car permanently for Mirrorlink, but the received wisdom seemed to be that Toyota's implementation of Mirrorlink is outdated and only has a chance of working with (literally) a couple of very old phones and even then it doesn't actually do anything useful as newer apps no longer work with it. 

If you discover anything to the contrary and have any success, please let us know. Good luck! 

There's a thread over on the Corolla subform suggesting that CarPlay is imminent, although it's unclear what (if any) existing media systems will be upgradable to it.