Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Locking/unlocking issue

Ian Hamilton

My Avensis T4 VVTi 2000 is only locking and unlocking when close to the car and this is with both keys. Just in case, replaced the batteries in both the key fobs even though they were 

above 3Volts still the same. What do I try next? Is the receive sensor on the wind screen as the handbook does not seem to mention this? AS the car stars o'k I presume the car Battery is not the problem either. Any knowledge would be of help and appreciated.

Edited by FROSTYBALLS
Topic title edited to reflect subject

Moved to the Avensis club

I used to get the same issue on my old Ford Focus you would have to get closer and closer to the car then I would have to use the key .ford checked key fobs with there test unit no faults advised me to change the Siemens central locking controller uber money .searched forums with no luck then came across a forum were a guy had the same issue all I had to do was disconnect the starter Battery for 5 mins fit earth terminal  back on and it would unlock right across the road from my house 50 ft away .had to do this about once a year .

make sure you have a radio code if needed.

My Auris also has pretty weak range, even with new Battery it's like 10 meters max.

You can always put a key next to your head, to extend the range, if you don't find a fix.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links