Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2005 Corolla - what's gonna go wrong?

alexl102

Hi,

Total newbie here. My wife has a 2005 Corolla T3 1.4 D-4D  5 door. It was passed down to her from her grandma who'd kept it in generally really good shape apart from the odd minor scratch and a couple of rust bubbles, and it's only got about 84,000 miles on at the moment. So far she's had it 3 years and apart from eating its way through about 34 wheel bearings it's been pretty faultless. 

Whilst I'm really familiar with VAG cars of this era, I know literally nothing about Toyota, so I'm hoping that people on here can help me out and tell me what the common faults are likely to be as it gets older, and what issues may arise that simply aren't worth the cost/effort of repairing?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi,

You nearly got lost in the sea of New Corolla posts  .... why they do not have a new sub section,,,, ??

Basically the 2002-2006 Corollas seems very reliable though have no experience of the diesels and heard little about any trouble with wheel bearings ??

Perhaps do a search on this forum to see if you can find any other posts on such bearing troubles as if its 'eating' then there must be some serious underlying problem.

You do not say if its the front or back ones, but have you had a full alignment check done ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links