Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Corolla - Software Issues

GilesC

So the software issues I have come across so far on my Corolla Hybrid Excel:

• Traffic on Maps appears on right hand side of road, rather than on the left side (as we drive on the left hand side of the road in the UK)
  • Fuel prices have stopped updating, looks like this happened around May time when we could get a litre for around £1.17
  • Map Heading resets to 2D North pretty often (there's another thread about this on this forum)
  • eStore app does nothing in-car

I know the map heading issue has been reported by others, can anyone confirm whether the other two issues exist elsewhere?

They are only minor glitches, so will look out for software updates on MyToyota and failing that will bring it up at the next service.

Traffic on wrong side and heading are already known and fixes are in the pipeline.

What software version is installed on your head unit?

To check press setup, scroll down to "software update" latest navigation version is 1520 and includes fixes:

• MEU Software release version 1520:

• Wrong navigation guidance speech in Hungarian: translation of word "street" said twice by the navigation unit.

• Wrong side of navigation traffic information for left-hand traffic countries.

• When using voice recognition to input an address, it does not recognise voice input. Due to error related to sampling frequency mismatch.

• When using map, it appears loading endlessly.

• Navigation cursor turning more or less than vehicle due to gyroscope wrong calibration.

• MEU Software release version 1512

• After ignition on the map view is not displayed and the driver will see a black screen. The functions of the DCU remain fully functional.

I have a problem with mine that is in another thread.  When listening to music on a USB, if a Traffic Announcement (TA) comes on you get Cancel and Continue on the screen, if you press Cancel nothing happens and the TA continues.  Wish they had what my wife's 2018 Aygo and some of my previous cars (3 Yaris), to cancel a TA just press Mode switch on the steering wheel, it cancels the TA and goes back to what the system was doing.  I have reported it to Toyota UK but they don't think there is a problem, I have managed to video it twice and am going to send them both.

I contacted Toyota via the website and they said the 2d default regardless of setting is a known issue and will be fixed in the next update.  I contacted my dealer and they also confirmed this last week, maybe something coming in October...

The estore doing nothing they are aware of but have no plans to resolve.

If they introduce android Auto or Apple car play then imo the estore not being touched makes sense and would make sense if they removed it completely

Never really noticed the fuel price thing, I'll have a look at that next time...

And the traffic indicator on the road itself I noticed this last night.

I really must check what MEU version I'm on!  I do have 2019 v1 maps but that's irrelevant to these issues as they are software not map data related

On 8/16/2019 at 9:26 PM, Devon Aygo said:

What software version is installed on your head unit?

To check press setup, scroll down to "software update" latest navigation version is 1520 and includes fixes:

• MEU Software release version 1520:

• Wrong navigation guidance speech in Hungarian: translation of word "street" said twice by the navigation unit.

• Wrong side of navigation traffic information for left-hand traffic countries.

• When using voice recognition to input an address, it does not recognise voice input. Due to error related to sampling frequency mismatch.

• When using map, it appears loading endlessly.

• Navigation cursor turning more or less than vehicle due to gyroscope wrong calibration.

• MEU Software release version 1512

• After ignition on the map view is not displayed and the driver will see a black screen. The functions of the DCU remain fully functional.

I have version 1512, however I have no idea how to apply 1520, I'm Wifi connected and there's no option to update over the air (update is greyed out), so assume I need to obtain a file on a USB stick from somewhere.

At present the only way is via your dealer, I see you are in Devon which dealer are you using?

On 8/22/2019 at 8:53 PM, Devon Aygo said:

At present the only way is via your dealer, I see you are in Devon which dealer are you using?

Snows - Paignton - I've had it since March 1st, so not too long before 1st Service is due, so will bring up all these things at the point of service.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links