Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Model Year 20 C-HR on its way

Devon Aygo

Toyota published info on the upcoming MY20 C-HR today as factory orders for current model are now all filled. Full specifications will be confirmed late Septembers with dealer demo's arriving late October & initial customer deliveries late Quarter 4 2019.

MY20 will be Hybrid only gone is the 1.2t Petrol , 1.8 Hybrid gains a new Lithium hybrid Battery, New 2.0 Hybrid ( from Corolla ) introduced.

Models/trims

Icon 1.8 HSD only with optional Tech pack, key changes: LED rear lights, New alloy wheel design, Improved MM system, Rain sensing wipers

Design 1.8 & 2.0 with optional Leather, key changes: Parabola LED Headlights, Intelligent Clearance Sonar, Improved MM system, Improved TSS

Excel 1.8 & 2.0 with optional JBL, key changes: Projector LED headlights, Heated steering wheel, LED fog lights, Enhanced safety features, Improved MM system, Improved TSS

Dynamic.1.8 & 2.0 with optional Leather/JBL, key changes: New Seat fabric design, New alloy wheel design, Enhanced safety features, Improved MM system, Improved TSS

Improved MM

Introduction of MM19 ( Multimedia ) including Apple carplay, Android auto, OTA map updates, improved Nav functionality, e-call

Not surprising the 1.2T has been dropped in the UK. Approx 14% of C-HR new car sales for 2019 (Jan-Jul inclusive) were 1.2T's, the remaining 86% being hybrids.

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see how the MM system is compared to the Corolla's 🙂

15 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Improved MM

Introduction of MM19 ( Multimedia ) including Apple carplay, Android auto, OTA map updates, improved Nav functionality, e-call

Did you miss this? 😛

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, philip42h said:

Does this mean that the CHR is now FWD only?

Presumably so. The 1.2T in both FWD and AWD forms has experienced a slow down in sales this year and only represented 14% of total sales in the UK for 2019 - 1,781 1.2T's sold out of a total of 12,620 UK sales up to and including August.

I can see the 1.2T being dropped from the Corolla line up in the UK as well - just 5.27% of Corolla sales were the 1.2T (year to date to August 2019).

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

I can see the 1.2T being dropped from the Corolla line up in the UK as well - just 5.27% of Corolla sales were the 1.2T (year to date to August 2019).

Already has See

12 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Presumably so. The 1.2T in both FWD and AWD forms has experienced a slow down in sales this year and only represented 14% of total sales in the UK for 2019 - 1,781 1.2T's sold out of a total of 12,620 UK sales up to and including August.

The lack of an AWD C-HR is disappointing - I had been looking forward to a 2.0 hybrid AWD C-HR as an attractive 'down-size' option to the RAV4 ... such is life!  😞

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2019 at 8:11 AM, philip42h said:

The lack of an AWD C-HR is disappointing - I had been looking forward to a 2.0 hybrid AWD C-HR as an attractive 'down-size' option to the RAV4 ... such is life!  😞

This will probably never happen in UK, as it will be a competition to the Lexus UX 4WD

On 10/1/2019 at 8:53 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Already has See

Out of interest Lee, what % sales of Corolla were hybrid??

12 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Out of interest Lee, what % sales of Corolla were hybrid??

See my post of 1st October.

14 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

See my post of 1st October.

Got it, as 1.2 is dropped that only leaves Corolla being sold as an Hybrid with choice of 1.8 or 2.0 engine.

4 hours ago, SponsorUK said:

This will probably never happen in UK, as it will be a competition to the Lexus UX 4WD

Maybe not, but Lexus is Toyota's premium brand commanding a premium price so the UX will never really compete with the CHR even though they have identical platforms. The true competition for the CHR would be similarly smaller SUVs such as the Mazda CX3 ... which is available in AWD form at a competitively reasonable price. It is, of course, a decision for Toyota ... 😉 

The UX is probably based on the C-HR (same size wheelbase) - similar to the CT200h being based on the first generation Auris hybrid. There would be enough of a price difference between the C-HR and the UX, but it depends on perceived demand as to whether Toyota would reconsider offering an AWD C-HR.

Think it depends what spec your importer decides on.

AWD Toyotas hybrids are useless including all models,. Prius, Rav, anything, all you ever need is a good suitable for the season tyres and FWD can go everywhere where AWD hybrid will, no exceptions. A good AWD hybrid is an Audi , but it’s not a good hybrid though, so useless as a hybrid drivetrain and it’s a diesel, better pure diesel with proper 4x4 drive train or pure hybrid fwd. For the moment Toyotas AWD hybrid is simply marketing strategy to target customers unaware what you need in bad driving conditions, and they will sell quite few of them.  1.2 T was a good option for a people who prefer standard car in both chr and Corolla, maybe they should have keep as optional on order only, but they are enough petrol manual offers from other manufacturers. 

• 3 months later...

So, what are the chances that 2019 C-HR owners will be able to upgrade software to enable CarPlay and Android Auto on the media system? No greater than 0 I suspect...???