Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Estiama 2.4 petrol 2002

Shenery

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me. 

I am having problems connecting my OBD2 scanner to the ECU on my car.

I have tried 2 scanners and no dice. 

I am getting power to the scanner but no connection to the ECU. I have checked the ecu-b fuse and it is fine. Is there an ecu-a fuse that I'm missing somewhere? Also is there a way I can test faulty pins with a multimeter. I definitely have power though it just won't connect to the ECU.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Steven 

Moved to the Estima forum

Hi Steven I have an iCarsoft scanner that would not connect to the ecu. When connecting to car I chose country Japan and got that message, I then chose other countries and it connected to the ecu. I don't know if yours is the same problem so I hope you get it sorted.

My car is a Japanese import. Do you think that's the problem. I am using bluetooth scanner and torque android app. Is there a way to change country?

On my scanner the country's comes up in the menu and scroll down to the one you require.

I managed to get it working with car scanner app from the playstore. Getting p0155 oxygen sensor, bank 2 sensor 1 heater malfunction. Does anyone know the location of this?

Kind regards

Steven

I had bank one sensor one. Bank one is on the near side of the Car  so  bank two should be drivers side. Sensor one  bank one was the one at the front so that would make sensor two the furthest one. I found that bank one and bank two had different connections. So if you order the sensor you require it it should only fit the appropriate connector.

It's funny though I can only see 2 sensors under the bonnet of the car. Can't see any under on the exhaust. Need to have another look

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I've taken a look and there is definitely only 2 sensors. Must be just before they put the other ones on. I can't find my vin number anywhere. Checked all the usual locations under the bonnet front window on the dash, inside doors. Under plastic clip under bonnet. Anyone any idea where it could be?

Think Japanese domestic market vehicles use frame numbers instead of VIN's.

Maybe that's where I'm having trouble then. When I speak to parts suppliers they all want the vin number though. 

FRAME number is what you want...there is no VIN..and the frame number can be found on a metal plate on the inside of the passenger wing.

There are four 02 sensors on your Estima.

You really shouldn't have any problems in getting parts...model, engine, year and frame number should be all you need.

If you need to identify part numbers at any time then try both Megazip and toyoDIY....as for your 02 sensors..have you tried this company.?

https://www.sparkplugs.co.uk/