Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Black material cover with press-studs

Sally190

I have just bought a 2011 iQ2 , manual.

I have found the jack, wheel-nuts, tyre foam , etc.

But I have also found a black, shaped , piece of material with 3 press-studs down opposing sides.

Top of the piece is shaped with some limited padding in.

Could anybody enlighten me as to its use, please.

60FAD91D-CA6F-4C28-A8D6-1D2F80EF1F63.jpeg

It's a cover to go over rear luggage area when seats are down. It pop studs onto  pop studs on either side of car. See pic. You may have to take off popstud covers from inside of car if it's never been used before.

Screenshot_2019-08-17-11-47-31.png

Thank you. I had noticed the small black plastic button covers, on the side of the car, but was loath to prise them off.

The material cover doesn’t look used, and from the debris under the rear seats, I guess that the car often carried children, so the seats would have remained up.

I will see if this fits, later.

It'll fit, they're a really good idea.  Just prise the covers off very careful with a small flat screwdriver.  I find mine really useful to cover up load area.

Hope you're enjoying you're new car. One thing you'll probably discover is that the interior lighting is shocking. Tarquin on here does an excellent upgrade to original dome light and can also fit rear lights. I've got both and well worth it especially when the dark nights start.

We found the same thing when we got our new (one previous owner & 24km miles) IQ 2 last month.  It had never been used and was still in the bag.  As mentioned remove the head restraints and place them on the rear seats and then fold the backrests down - this should leave a level loading platform.  Remove the caps off the 6 studs on the side of the car and simply push the studs on the cloth to fit.  The material stretches and forms a great luggage cover, very similar to a rear hatch cover on a "normal" car.  We also bought the reversible IQ boot trunk car mat from the Official Toyota eBay store which protects the rear of the backrests.  We leave the seats permanently in this position and use the car as a 2 seat hatchback with quite a large boot with enough space for 4 large Sainsbury rectangular stiff carriers.  That said, we have also used the car to carry 4 people - myself driving, my wife in the front passenger seat, my 10 year grand daughter behind her and my 3 year old grandson in his car seat behind me.  It was great and the kids loved it!!!  Brilliant little car!

• Like 1

Thanks folks.

That cover fits a treat.

I keep the rear seats down, anyway.

I found two black , plastic knobs in a door and found that they keep the rear “boot” tray from being loose.

What an enjoyable toy this car is to own.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi I’m trying to find out where I can purchase the pop studs you need to fit glove box as they are not there , can anybody help please