Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris D-CAT 2.2 - shaking periodic

Lars Madsen

Hey guys. 

First of all, sorry if my English isn’t correct i’m A Dane :-D, second, I can not find a topic matching my problem. ( maybe it’s there anyway, plz show me)

Observations.... I have now tried a couple of times, when driving, the car suddenly starts shaking,  just like driving on a washboard.

The shaking comes without any notice, at first I thought it might be a clogged fuel filter, because I experienced it going up hill on the freeway doing 140kmt with the throttle at 100%. The shaking stops when you release the throttle, and comes back as soon you step it again. 

It lasts for maybe 5 seconds, and the all is normal. You can’t provoke it to come back.

Today  I experienced it just driving on flat road, no grades, going around 80-90kmt, throttle just at “keep speed” position :-D. 

This kinda broke my idea of the fuel filter... 

No warning lamps, no murmurs ( bad sounds - un normal engine noise) - no “unnormal” oil consumption. 

Hope I have made my problems clear to you.

Any good suggestions ?? 

The car has around 220.000km on the clock.  At 200.000 the injector gaskets burned, and I replaced them. It was a nightmare, because of soot clogging the injectors to the cylinder head. But I managed to fix it, and had 20.000km wit no faults.  

Moved to the Auris club.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have similar behavior on my Auris hybrid, how did you solve your problem?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links