Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 2019 - approx. how long since production till delivery?

dumdirum

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else could tell, from their own past experiences, how long approximately does manufacturing of Yaris takes? Like how much time It is from manufacturing start till delivery at country of destination? Is it measured in weeks or months? I'm trying to get an around idea when should I start worrying that the deadline in my order won't be meet.

It's my first time with new cars and Toyota new cars so I have no point of reference at all.

I placed my order (Yaris Hybrid TAS500 Android Auto version) at local dealership at the very beginning of July, delivery date in official documents is stated as "not later than 1st of November 2019" (worst case scenario). Since then on my Toyota account in order tracking It's in "ordered, awaiting production date confirmation" status. We are at second half of August now, so it gives 2 months and 2 weeks time left till "deadline".

As I said, I'm trying to get around idea how long does manufacturing process takes, for example, if It's ~1.5 month then if no status update appears at my order tracking page by 2nd half of September I'll know that delay is possible, if It's October already with no news i should start getting worried etc.

The progress bar says manufacturing will take place in Valenciennes, France and transit goes through Belgium and Germany to Poland (country of destination).

I ordered our Hybrid Yaris Excel on the 14th of February and picked it up on the 31st of May. This was because the car had to be reordered as there was a mix up regarding it being supplied with “smart entry”. dealer thought it was standard and it wasn’t at the time of order, it is standard now I think. Only !Removed! I have is no owners manual. I know there is online facility but I much prefer a paper copy.

8 minutes ago, Cowdenite said:

I have is no owners manual. I know there is online facility but I much prefer a paper copy.

Should be able to order and purchase a hard copy of the full owners manual from your dealer. I ordered one for my Aygo from Parts-King.

6 hours ago, Cowdenite said:

I ordered our Hybrid Yaris Excel on the 14th of February and picked it up on the 31st of May. This was because the car had to be reordered as there was a mix up regarding it being supplied with “smart entry”. dealer thought it was standard and it wasn’t at the time of order, it is standard now I think. Only !Removed! I have is no owners manual. I know there is online facility but I much prefer a paper copy.

Thank you for reply, do you maybe recall how much time it took since placing your order till first status change appeared on your Toyota online account (order tracking)?

I didn’t track order online. I found out about order mistake the last week in March and I picked car up at the end of May.

Got status update yesterday 😄 In production, expected delivery date 1st (up to 15th) October

Toyota say that it takes 17 to 18hrs to make a car.

Why are people waiting so long?

https://www.toyota.co.jp/en/kids/faq/b/01/06/

Mick.

The process of making a car can be roughly divided into stamping, welding, painting, assembly and inspections, which takes about 17-18 hours in total. (It varies according to the number of cars made by a factory.)

There are more people per hour ordering new car then they can build per hour. 

Thats one possible answer.

1 hour ago, Mick F said:

Toyota say that it takes 17 to 18hrs to make a car.

Why are people waiting so long?

https://www.toyota.co.jp/en/kids/faq/b/01/06/

Mick.

The salesman at my local dealer said it's the batteries which are the problem.  Personally I think it's 🐂💩 but that's what he said.

Found this on Honest john.

Right this is the sort of schedule for building a car

Week 1 - You place order with dealer, dealer then orders car with factory.
Week 2 - Order slot is confirmed with factory
Week 3 - Waiting for build slot
Week 4 - Waiting for build slot
Week 5 - Vehicle put into production
Week 6 - Vehicle comes out of proudction
Week 7 - Vehicle transported to a holding yard near dock
Week 8 - Awaiting boat to be loaded
Week 9 - Vehicle transported from country of production to UK
Week 10 - Vehicle arrives in UK and placed in holding yard.
Week 11 - Vehicle transported to local dealer
Week 12 - Vehicle PDi'd and valted ready for collection.

This is only a rough guide but you get the picture. Some vehicles that require shipping from the likes of Japan can take even longer as the boat trip can be between 4 and 6 weeks. Also most european manufacturers close for annual holiday for between 2 and 4 weeks in August.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links