Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nav Map up to Date ???

Catlover

MickF, the speed limit shown on the dash that changes colour if you exceed the limit, is picked up by a camera top centre of the windscreen (at least it is in my Prius), so separate from the built in sat nav. If the sat nave is programmed properly with the right info it should show the correct speed, whereas the camera recognised speed limit can be incorrect if the camera doesnt pick up the spped limit sign at the side of the road, and I hear it can be foxed y reading the speed limit on the back of trucks etc which could be in km/hr.

• Like 1

Thanks, that explains it!

I did notice that sometimes, the speed limit on the dash was blank from time to time.  Somehow it had got confused and couldn't make its mind up.  As it was camera driven, and all the trees and hedges are coving the signs now and again, it's understandable that it could get confused.

Mick.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links