Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat nav

John RW

I’m in the process of trying to sort my sat nav out with my supplier but wondered if anyone else is having the same problem, I have reset the map to 2D heading but it keeps going back to heading north, very confusing when you go round a roundabout trying to workout where you are when the map is on its side ur upside down. I’ve tried setting to 2D heading then pressing the map button but still goes back, any help please

John, 

In  the home screen you cannot alter the map, only in the map setting

The new Corolla's have the same issue which is known by Toyota with the nav heading not being saved.

It’s a valid indeed.  You have to set it every time you start the vehicle.  The sat nav in general is rubbish, too slow for data entry and doesn’t find a lot of locations.  Hurry up Apple Cae pkay

It's not even as 'good' as the one on my last Prius (and that wasn't brilliant!).

Entering a postcode is a pain as you have to press two extra keys to switch between alpha and numeric entry and back again for the last two alpha characters (this wasn't necessary on the Prius).

Traffic is very poor if relying on the TMC data via the RDS radio, and only OKish if you use Internet traffic via a tethered phone (but still not as clever as a recent TomTom or Garmin portable device).

It's still not possible to save a multi stop journey using the in-car system, something I was routinely doing 17 years ago on a portable unit, and one more reason I primarily use my £200 TomTom rather than the £1,000+ kit in the car!  (not to mention free for life [of the device] quarterly map updates and traffic data).

Come on Toyota, your infotainment system is rrrrrubbish. Android and Apple do it better..  Time to bite the bullet, suck it up and release Carplay and Auto for all your vehicles.. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I gave the navigation its first real try out yesterday and it was a big disappointment. I though journey planning via Mytoyota was a good idea but the browser interface is very poor and the route can't be edited by clicking or dragging on the map. Having eventually put in a lot of way points to get the route I wanted I transferred it to the car only to find that the route was recalculated. In other words the individual points are transferred by the actual route gets changed by the software in the car. Finally I then found the timing of the voice instructions was ludicrous. The first "prepare to turn..." was too early and the final "now turn..." usually came up after I was already through the corner or had passed the turn. The touch 2 with go manual is also quite unhelpful.

How strange, I find the sat nav in my 2012 Rav 4 very good but what I find even better is a couple of apps. I have on my phone, I just plug it in to a lead I had fitted and the socket is in the glove box and whichever app I use gives warnings of road works, traffic crashes say 2 miles ahead and gives an alternative route and is very accurate. The fitted lead was only about £30 from memory.

Regards, Mike.

Is it just me, but if you zoom in at all, your car no longer stays central and you just drive off the edge of the screen!