Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuse blowing 2002 d4d doors

cgmstone

Hi all

My 2002 d4d keeps blowing a fuse and it seems to work central locking,interior roof light,and radio sometimes it can last for 2-3 days before it blows sometimes only matter of a hour or so not sure which  of the things its related to can be causing the problem as nothing has been changed also have tried a higher rated fuse and it still blows.fuse is located in engine bay fuse box if that makes any difference.any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Many thanks 

CGM

Pull the interior light bulbs, see if it still happens. If it does, or after a week or so of no results, pull out the radio and disconnect the wires from the back. Try it for about a week or so, too. If the fuse still blows with either of those disconnected, you have narrowed down your search to the central locking or whatever else runs on that fuse. Use the proper fuse rating, going too much higher could cause problems.

• Like 2

Hi paul9

I have already pulled the festoon bulb out of centre light and so far so good hasn't blown the fuse in 2 days so seems to be the problem I have another avensis for spares so I'm going to pull complete centre cluster out and swap them round and see what happens cheers for the help 

Cgmstone

Yeah, it's not likely to be the bulb itself, but a problem in the wiring, connectors, switches or the controller circuit. Most likely the wiring, though.

I shall give it a go over the weekend if I get time and let you know my findings 

Cgmstone

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links