Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering module wiring guide / steering help

zzzmaillists

Hi! I’m new here and hoping someone can help 

does anyone have a wiring guide for steering module for my car please ? T180 d4d 56 plate

my Car’s been with garage for two weeks and they have brilliant in trying to help find a solution  for this issue I have 

essentially the cars steering can randomly lock, the sat nav can flash, as does the dashboard and I’ve sometimes had the switching engine message/ steering message flash up 

drives fine other than this random steering lock issue which is quite worrying with three kids on a roundabout ! 

the steering wheel can just lock so it can’t be moved (other than with force!) 

can anyone suggest any fixes please ? Fuses have been checked , brake light switch has been checked etc 

any wiring guide would help the garage so much 

thank you !!

Samantha 

Hi if you have electric power steering it sounds like it's a toyota recalibration software issue.

Thanks Alan appreciate the suggestion! 

Yes it’s electric ps

is it an easy fix ? Appreciate any ideas at all 

My wife had a 2006 RAV4 the steering locked going round a bend/curve at 60 mph she went into a field not nice, the steering ECU lives behind the dash next to the steering wheel was changed really easy to get at, but the cost of a new one F***. Try disconnecting the Battery for ten mins but I have driven a RAV without electric assistance almost impossible. So my suggestion is try a second hand one plenty at breaker yard dot com.

Tried to edit the above have a look at eBay item number:

The dash clock pod clips out really easy, it's a bit awkward getting the unit out if you have big hands but It's worth trying before you spend loads letting MR T look at it. 

Thanks I guess disconnecting Battery is a good idea! Anyhelp and suggestions to get this back on the road would be appreciated !! 

All I can suggest is you buy a cheap second hand steering ECU and give it a try, two screws above the clocks and they just clip out, If you lower the steering wheel it gives more room and you can see the ECU sitting just inside above steering shaft.

will This work ? Do you know anywhere I can buy this part please to try it 

thanks so much 

6141FA99-783D-473B-BBC5-A201B9BF1BD9.jpeg

Thanks so much !! Is that the same part please for a d4d t180 ? Really appreciate your help 

Yes item will fit item number 323748145013

looks really clean you could try breakeryard.com or similar I can't guarantee this will fix your problem, but it's a very cheap try.

I have had two customers who's steering turned off but I think they over heated in really hot weather and they had been searching for somewhere to park for ages, Turned IGN off and disconnected the Battery for 5mins all cleared, unless you want to take it to a Toyota garage my recommendation is you try another Power Steering ECU. If it doesn't work you are looking at angle/yaw sensors the list goes on. Good luck.

Thanks a lot I’ve bought the part from auctiin:  254243466822

matched my part number perfectly! 

its worth a punt I guess isn’t it 

i dont think think I can afford a Toyota fix 😞